FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water Coolant Deficiency

Post Date: 2021-04-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EricLandon View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote EricLandon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Water Coolant Deficiency
    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 8:27am
I believe I'm suffering a water coolant deficiency?

The visual coolant reservoir is half full when off and empty when on. I believe the reservoir was full when off and half when on. There is no signs of leaks from an outside no touch inspection, no water under it.

Recently it has made what I want to describe as a fart sound but a high pressure fart, I spose the sound could be fan bearings failing too so the sound doesn't help me much. Made this sounds a couple maybe a few times before the issues began. Currently it crashes, gets stuck in bios and I have to save/exit bios several times till it boots, but once into windows it just crashes to bios again.

I have Digital Storm Bolt X with
Extreme Cooling: Digital Storm HydroLux PRO LITE (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Red Flexible Tubing + Clear Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)

I was going to flush the coolant system and refill but I'm not confident with choosing a cooling product.

Thanks for the support in advanced
Eric
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:22am
The fact that the reservoir is empty when running tells me that you don't have enough coolant in the system. More than likely evaporation of the coolant over time. The sound you heard could very well be air bubbles in the cooling system, especially if you don't have enough coolant. The reservoir is not designed to run empty - the coolant pump will cavitate and fail.

When you replace the coolant, do not refill using the coolant you just flushed (don't top off with new coolant). Call DS for the exact type you used. I called and was told to use EK-Cryofuel Premix, 1000ml.

Don't replace with opaque or colored coolants. The coloring will degrade overtime and leave sticky deposits in your water blocks.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:00am
Sorry you are having this issue.

Be careful with running the system with the coolant so low. As an emergency measure you could add some distilled water to avoid damaging the pump until you get the correct coolant. Call DS to find out what they put in your system. They change the mixes or the mfg. changes the composition and most, if not all, are not backwards compatible.

The cpu will not be damaged by a lack of coolant. It will shut down automatically when it reaches certain thermal thresholds.

Good luck.
EricLandon View Drop Down

Quote EricLandon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:49am
Uhg.
I called DS support.
It was not good.
They didn't take any information from me about my system or anything.
Which I found odd for a support call.
Why wouldn't you collect data?
I reported my issue and needs and I was put on very short hold for 45-60 seconds. When the person came back they said I could put w/e in it. The whole tone of the call was unprofessional like I was talking to a newb. I suspect this person had no expertise to operate from. The first person I worked with from their support (once up on a time ago) was so knowledgeable but this time I got a total green horn. I'll try calling before they close see if I can get some one else before I get too discouraged.

Edited by EricLandon - 06 Apr 2021 at 9:53am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:05pm
Stellar needs to get involved. Email [email protected] and explain everything in this thread, including your most recent experience.

Get answers.
 Post Reply Post Reply