Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spetreski View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spetreski Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Water Cooling Fitment
    Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 8:55am
Hi everyone,

I currently have a Lynx Level 4 build with this cooler:

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 1: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Single Fan)

Im upgrading the CPU to a i5-13600k and will also be getting a new mobo, PSU, and cooler. My question is what size AIO I can mount in this case.

It looks like there is space for a 240MM at the top of the case, but I would rather mount at the front. My only concern is reaching the CPU when mounting in the front with the tubes at the bottom (which is the best mounting method that ive come across in my research). I cant find any tube length specs for most AIOs which is surprising.

Thanks for the help!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 2:17am
A few thoughts. First, a top mount with the rad fans blowing out is very efficient. I don't think you'd have any problem with tube length in your case mounting in front, though. A quick call or e-mail to DS would put your mind at ease. Your lifetime support includes advice on user upgrades. Also, that proc would perform very well on an efficient air cooler. You might consider a Noctua 12 or 15 and avoid all the issues. Just thinkin' out loud (or in print).   
 Post Reply Post Reply