Post Date: 2019-03-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tesla View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tesla Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Watercooling help
    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 7:43pm
where is the valved drain located on the hydrolux pro? (Velox case)
Also when maintenance for flushing can i buy my own color like non staining dyes from mayhem after flushing? That being said what coolant do i use after flushing? Do i need any other accessories when flushing like fittings or tube to connect to the valve drain to drain it.I know im going to need a jumper for the psu.

Thanks for helping.   
Tesla View Drop Down

Quote Tesla Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 7:47pm
oh forgot to mention i will be using flexible tubes.
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 8:30pm
You have to request the drain port, normally it will be put at the lowest point possible (I didn't know this and ended up installing my own eventually). If they use a ball valve then yes you will need a section of tube and a single fitting to attach to the valve. As far as coolants once you flush it you can pick whichever one you want, I would stay away from ones like Vue and Aurora though. Also I have been running Mayhems X1 UV blue for awhile now without any issues.

A good resource of info is the watercooling subreddit /r watercooling.
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 1:58am
If you did not request a drain valve, there is none. I don't know how the Velox's plumbing is routed but look for the lowest point on the loop to attach one. To drain, you will have to detach a hose. You get to pick.

Once you drain, you have to flush with distilled water (get in a grocery store, used for irons). I flushed mine twice to remove all of the old coolant. I used EK Evo to refill but no longer available. (buy extra for refills) I don't use coloring, too many stories of pigment separation but a lot of people use it with no issues so...

You have to let the pump fill up before turning on. I found that harder than the actual draining. Someone might shed some light on how to do it easy as I am also learning as I go. I have not read the resource posted by SnowandSand (ride and surf?Awesome) but that might be a good start before you start taking things apart.

Good luck.  Big%20Smile

Isn't liquid cooling great? Chilling

Edited by hoserator - 05 Mar 2019 at 1:59am
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:38pm
Yeah I came up with that name back around 2003 when I went from living in the NE to VA Beach lol. That subreddit along with some youtube videos helped me to deconstruct my loop and rebuild it (while adding a drain port awhile back, around fall of 2017). It is also good for inspiration if you are looking to build your own(may be retiring this 900d case this summer and doing a new build myself using some of the components from my setup). As far as flushing I used mayhem's blitz kit(kinda hard to find now, but totally worth it) along with extra distilled water. I also stay away from pastels etc. my current blue fluid (Mayhem's X1 UV Blue) is clear so not a lot of particles for color.
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
 Post Reply Post Reply