FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's wrong with my PC?

Post Date: 2020-07-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MeredithSmith View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MeredithSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: What's wrong with my PC?
    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:53pm
Hi guy,

This is not a new build, been having trouble lately with the computer restarting itself over and over again.

Troubleshoot I've done:

Windows reset Booting into Ubuntu from a USB(still restarts)

Using Ubuntu HDD smart analysis telling me my hdd is fine

Memtest 86 telling me my ram is fine. Also tried reseating ram in different slots

Tried a new psu( sometimes the computer would last longer without restarting while on power saving mode w little cpu usage, this had me thinking it could be my power, it was not)

Tried disconnecting reset switch from MOBO None of this has worked, computer keeps on restarting.

Tried resetting CMOS

Tried reseating gpu

Tried booting without gpu

All of this results in the same problem, first boot my computer boots fine then after some minutes computer will go black and begins in a reboot loop that goes on and on.

While on the BIOS the computer wont restart.

Is it the motherboard?

Thank you !
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 2:48am
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2974060/when-your-computer-reboots-itself-over-and-over-again.html

you can turn off the rebooting and it should display additional information that may help in figuring out what is going on.

If you have a DS computer you can call them and they will help you in troubleshooting the problem.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply