FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are the days that digital storm techs build.

Post Date: 2019-03-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lucidd View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lucidd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: What are the days that digital storm techs build.
    Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 1:59pm
I’m wonder if digital storm techs build thier PCs mon-sun. Or they are off on the weekends.   Because I placed my order yesterday and it’s still not processed.

Edited by Lucidd - 17 Mar 2019 at 2:00pm
ElBarto View Drop Down

Quote ElBarto Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:59pm
Banks dont process payments on weekends. Will probably process monday
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:17pm
DS works M-F, regular working hours, on the west coast. (Pacific time.)
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 10:24pm
Welcome to the forums! Let us know what you've ordered. We all like to see what systems others prefer.

Now, if you look across these forums you will see that there have been orders without the Stage 1 notification for over a week. Even though DS still hits their target of shipping within 20-25 business days.

I wouldn't look for immediate movement on the processing.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Snaike

Now, if you look across these forums you will see that there have been orders without the Stage 1 notification for over a week. Even though DS still hits their target of shipping within 20-25 business days.

Correct.
acooper9314 View Drop Down

Quote acooper9314 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 7:34pm
I wouldn’t get in a rush. My order processed and sat at stage 1 for 19 business days. You will find that a lot of people would rather wait for an awesome product than a rushed product.
Vernongt View Drop Down

Quote Vernongt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Snaike

Welcome to the forums! Let us know what you've ordered. We all like to see what systems others prefer.

G'day Snaike,
When quoting by own order, is it OK//Safe to use my Config ID number in a post?I

Edited by Vernongt - 19 Apr 2019 at 6:14pm
Vernon
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Vernongt

G'day Snaike,
When quoting by own order, is it OK//Safe to use my Config ID number in a post?I

Absolutely
Vernongt View Drop Down

Quote Vernongt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:20pm
Thanks Snaike,
Here's my order just to see how it looks.
I am using Bread, and thus had to keep my $$$ down to a manageable monthly.
Config ID 2350494.

I'm not sure how I place this in a posting as others do, but that's my ID #
Cheers.
Vernon
minty View Drop Down

Quote minty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:22pm
I also had to use bread, neat build though!
I could only get something under 1000$ so I got the 1000$ lynx. It is a way better upgrade than this piece of crap I use right now.
lynx level 2
ordered 4/1/19
stage 1 4/2/19
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 10:20am
@Vernongt: Are you looking for comment/critique on your build?

I don't know what you need the 32GB of Ram for, it's not needed for gaming, but only if you have very memory intensive tasks besides.

Your video card is very good for 1080p monitor resolution, but won't stand up well beyond that.

There are a few trade-offs here and there, but you could have a very strong competition for your build with the Lynx Level 4 ("Ultimate"). If you want, I'll give you more info about what I mean. It may have you doing some very easy upgrades yourself when you're ready, but would save you some $ in the long run and give you a better platform going forward. Until DS starts your build, (and even after), you can change anything you want. Let me know if I can help.

Edited by Cretae - 21 Apr 2019 at 10:21am
Fishman23 View Drop Down

Quote Fishman23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:38pm
I didn't think the Lynx was customizable?
Vernongt View Drop Down

Quote Vernongt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Cretae

@Vernongt: Are you looking for comment/critique on your build?

I don't know what you need the 32GB of Ram for, it's not needed for gaming, but only if you have very memory intensive tasks besides.

Your video card is very good for 1080p monitor resolution, but won't stand up well beyond that.

There are a few trade-offs here and there, but you could have a very strong competition for your build with the Lynx Level 4 ("Ultimate"). If you want, I'll give you more info about what I mean. It may have you doing some very easy upgrades yourself when you're ready, but would save you some $ in the long run and give you a better platform going forward. Until DS starts your build, (and even after), you can change anything you want. Let me know if I can help.

G'day Gretae,
I'm not so sure if I can make changes to my order [even before the build begins], because my Auto Payments are already locked in for a 1st Payment on May 22nd.

As for any ideas you may have, I'll listen. I did keep the cost down a bit, so that may be why things aren't "Top Shelf"
eg: RTX instead of GTX. As for the 32GB DDR4, I upped it from 16GB [my old Sim thinking it may speed up things in Flight & Racing sims.
My existing Monitors are both 1080P and have been giving me good service. One day I'll upgrade to a bigger/newer monitor, but for now, I'm OK.

Edited by Vernongt - 22 Apr 2019 at 1:46pm
Vernon
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:15pm
I can't say just how it would work, but it seems to me if you switched to another build (like from the custom set up which you are building into a Lynx case, to a Lynx level 4), your original order would be cancelled, and you'd be back to square one with Bread. If not, I found Bread to be very nice to work with, so you could work out a modified deal with them pretty easily.

My concerns are not for the lack of "top shelf" parts. The pre-built Lynxes have a few of those, and it's fine. Simple fact is, you are ending up paying a bit more than you need to for a lesser system than you could have with a little creative planning.

Here's my "plot".... get the Lynx level 4. It has a terrific CPU which is great for gaming and all-around computing as long as you're not trying to redesign a human genome or something. You'll get a 750W power supply which will allow you the option for a top GPU down the road. It will come with the great RTX 2070 GPU which will give you terrific performance in those sims for years to come, and allow a monitor upgrade with no worries whenever you want. That's $1999.

Drawback is, you can't have 32 GB of RAM installed, and you get a 500GB SSd instead of 1TB. Your CPU isn't the top-ender you wanted, but you don't need that much. Here's the thing. You've got $398 to work with, and two of the easiest DYI upgrades there are. My guess is, you might get such great performance out of the 2070, there's not much use for another 16GB of RAM. On your own, you could get a much faster NVMe M.2 SSD to help load your sims faster than the 860 EVO could do. A Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe is $150. Many times faster than a SATA SSD of any flavor.

Now I realize the prospect of rummaging around inside a computer might give you sweats, so this option might not be for you, but I had to bring it up. Fact is, those installs are so simple, you could probably get someone local to do it for you for cheap, and you'd end up with so much more power where you want it most.
 Post Reply Post Reply