FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the 750?

Post Date: 2008-03-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CT View Drop Down
  Quote CT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: What is the 750?
    Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 9:31pm
I'm trying to find out what the 750 case really is.  The 850 looks like a modified CoolerMaster Stacker, so wondering if the 750 has a brand, or is it specific to DS?

Also wondering if a side fan would be an option on this case.

thx!
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Online Status: Offline
  Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 9:33pm
The 750S is a Silverstone TJ04.
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
CT View Drop Down
  Quote CT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 3:32pm
Thanks for the reply.

Do you think this rig could handle 8800GT's SLI?  For heat ?
SunfighterLC View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 4:02pm
They do a mod with that case where they remove a few of the front drive bays, and put in some mesh grills and add another 120MM fan to the front of it should you believe heat is an issue. Im not totally sure on the price, but last quote i got on it was 35 bucks, and i dont know if this is true or not, but i hear its standard if you get lvl 3 air cooling.
Dashuu View Drop Down

Quote Dashuu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 5:07pm
You would definitely have to go with stage 3 cooling for two 8800GT cards. In that case at least. You could go to the 650si case though and be ok with stage 2.  
CT View Drop Down
  Quote CT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Dashuu

You would definitely have to go with stage 3 cooling for two 8800GT cards. In that case at least. You could go to the 650si case though and be ok with stage 2.  

Thanks for the response.  So is the 650s better for cooling?  Case is a little smaller looking at the specs, more options for fans perhaps?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 9:42pm
I think its the way it brings the air in vs the 750.
CT View Drop Down
  Quote CT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 9:39am
Yeah, I'm trying to figure the 650 out. Looks like things move in reverse as far as cooling. Pulls in the back, blows out the front.  Is that right? The picture also shows the side removal door on the opposite side. 

Ha! A case for lefty's!
bucephalusbaghdad View Drop Down

Quote bucephalusbaghdad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 6:58pm
so what case is the 650si then? i was looking for it before i ordered to get some more specific specs on it but wasnt able to find it. i assumed it was another silverstone temjin but had no luck.
Intel Q6600 2.94ghz
Evga Nvidia 780i Core 2 Quad
2x 1gb DDR2 Dominator @1066mhz
2x GeForce 9600GT Superclocked
2x WD HDD 250gb 7200rpm's
850w ThermalTake PSU
Silverstone Windowed TJ09
SyncMaster 953BW
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 7:20pm
Yeah, they really need to give the cases real names so people can study them better.

Quote bucephalusbaghdad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by SunfighterLC

Yeah, they really need to give the cases real names so people can study them better.

Well, I think its thier choice how to name thier systems- the "850si" being a title for the overall system of that range, the cases just happen to be named so because they would probably be the best case to use for that scale of components.

Although updating the Info button on the various components would be nice. I remember Alex saying in a post not too long ago that its in the works already though.
Intel Q6600 2.94ghz
850w ThermalTake PSU
SyncMaster 953BW
CT View Drop Down
  Quote CT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2008 at 11:16am
Originally posted by bucephalusbaghdad

so what case is the 650si then? i was looking for it before i ordered to get some more specific specs on it but wasnt able to find it. i assumed it was another silverstone temjin but had no luck.

Ah...could the 650si be the LianLi PC-A05B?  Looks like it, but don't quote me on that. Wink

traylorc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote traylorc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2008 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by bucephalusbaghdad

Originally posted by SunfighterLC

Well, I think its thier choice how to name thier systems- the "850si" being a title for the overall system of that range, the cases just happen to be named so because they would probably be the best case to use for that scale of components.

Although updating the Info button on the various components would be nice. I remember Alex saying in a post not too long ago that its in the works already though.

I agree it's DS choice how to name their systems.  But the information regarding the real names of the cases is important to some individuals as they are completing their due diligence.  Some cases are better than others, and if I am a potential customer I want the real name of the case so I can do my homework and determine if it is a case I want to purchase. 

Remember that old saying "you never get a second chance to make a first impression".  So anything that can be done to make it easier for the customer to research a prospective purchase can only benefit DS.

Quote bucephalusbaghdad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Mar 2008 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by CT

Ah...could the 650si be the LianLi PC-A05B?  Looks like it, but don't quote me on that. Wink

I think that you're right, i checked the DS gallery against some back/side/front pics of that case and they look exactly alike.
Intel Q6600 2.94ghz
850w ThermalTake PSU
SyncMaster 953BW
 Post Reply Post Reply