FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the most Reliable high use memory brand?

Post Date: 2013-11-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Clocks View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Clocks Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: What is the most Reliable high use memory brand?
    Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 11:25am
I do a lot of batch computation on my desktop. I game at night sure, but during the day I need it to be able to pull its weight as a batch processor so I can do other work on my other pc.

I'm willing to give up the absolute top gaming memory performer to ensure decent performance and excellent longevity.

A couple years back, the DSO team seemed to feel that mushkin was far and away showing the lowest failure rates while performing adequately.

Are they still top of the heap today? Which line of products?

If not mushkin, then who?

Edited by Clocks - 28 Nov 2013 at 11:25am
-Clocks
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 12:31pm
Well, you have to remember, if you want some of the highest grade memory of highest speeds, you give up your CPU OC.

A lot of companies now a days use some of the same memory, just on their own memory boards.  With that in mind, there are only a few companies rocking memory at the 2400mhz and higher range.  Honestly, you can buy higher memory like 3000mhz, but you start getting into compatibility issues with your motherboard, chipset and cpu.

Take a look around the market at companies such as ADATA, Mushkin, and Corsair.  All companies that have a history of your 2400+mhz memory. Corsair is the most common and widely used memory, but there are at least 1 for ever 3 reviews stating they received at least 1 bad stick of ram.  This can be fan boy's complaining or even just the fact that they out sell anyone else, so their numbers have allotted space for failure return, but they also have amazing customer service for replacing.

I don't have an extremely wide array of experience with 2400+mhz ram, mainly because i'm in to cpu overclocking, but I'd saying any three of those brands will at least put you in the right direction.  Just simple reviews can be done there, though stay away from reviews on newegg on that level of performance as most of those are wanna be professionals who are really just gaming and don't know as much as they pretend.

Go to overclockers, hardforum, etc... and check them out.  But like I said, a lot of those companies are using the same memory, just their own custom boards. So the rate of failure won't be extremely drastic.
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 8:07pm
I've used Mushkin, Corsair & Crucial on many various systems and never saw a failure in any of them (we're talking several hundred builds over the past decade).
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
 Post Reply Post Reply