FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

when to replace closed loop coolers?

Post Date: 2015-12-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Saajuk View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Saajuk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: when to replace closed loop coolers?
    Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 6:41am
H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)

was curious how long this closed loop cooler is warrantied to last (or at least closed loops in general) before i need to replace it? Ive had mine for about a year and all ive done is dust it off every few weeks. Im assuming it lasts atleast 4 years since thats how long the default warranty of the system that had the cooler all ready listed in it lasts

Edited by Saajuk - 08 Dec 2015 at 7:08am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 8:09am
Hi saajuk....  The closed loop coolers will last until they fail. Hahaha    Not being flip, well maybe a little, but as long as the cpu stays safe, you're good to go.   The Corsair H100 family coolers have a 5 year warranty.  How long yours will actually last is unknown.  

The Digital Storm Vortex is from the same company that makes the H100's, but, I believe its warranty is tied to whatever parts warranty you have with DS.  If you have the 3 year warranty, which is 1 year parts, then I believe that's the warranty for the Vortex.  Not 100%.

The default 4 year warranty with DS, with the promo, is 2 years parts. 

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Post Reply Post Reply