FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where do I find...

Post Date: 2009-08-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Where do I find...
    Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 2:36pm
Received my new machine and am loving it...  I've managed to get things transfered from one machine to another...and even play a game or two.  But, it's time to figure out a few things.  Question:  Just where might I find information like a "pictorial view" with labels as to what all the outlets/plugs on my machine are/for?  For instance, I purchased a Nvida 3D bundle with the Samsung 2233RZ monitor...and am having some difficulty getting it to function--as I'm not seeing any 3D effect?  Since it requires a Dual Link DVI output...was wondering maybe I'm not plugged into the right place?  Which of the four identical plug possibilities on the back of my machine that might be--or are they all the same? 

There's also a small "red" slide-switch directly above where the power cord is plugged in...am curious as to what this might be also...but, I'm not sooo curious as to move it without knowing what it is first Smile 
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 3:17pm
All the recent graphic cards has dual link DVI ports. Maybe you aren't using a dual link DVI cable? Dual link has 24 pins while a Single link has 18.

Also remember that you need to wear the 3d glasses and you need to be playing a 3D compatible game such as World of Warcraft.

Edited by skyR - 09 Aug 2009 at 3:19pm
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
hemi392 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote hemi392 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 3:43pm

this may or may not help  its the plug setup

hemi392 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote hemi392 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 3:46pm
This tech tip guy on utube talks about a little bit. if helps you any.

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by skyR

All the recent graphic cards has dual link DVI ports. Maybe you aren't using a dual link DVI cable? Dual link has 24 pins while a Single link has 18.

Also remember that you need to wear the 3d glasses and you need to be playing a 3D compatible game such as World of Warcraft.
Appreciate the help.  I checked the cable...it has 8 rows of 3 pins=24.  Only other cable that came with the Nvidia set up was an HDMI cable...

As for the 3D game...I was using the disk labeled "demo"...thinking at least this would have video/3D effect to check out.  But, all I seem to get is a split screen showing exactly the same thing on both...and when I try/adjust the small triangular emitter with the adjustment wheel/knob in the back...nothing seems is different/seems to happen??  It's probably some silly little thing I'm not doing--but, right now I can't seem to figure out just what that might be??   The only difference I get wearing the glasses is a slightly tinted view...Smile

Also, I'm wearing the 3D glasses while I'm investigating this...and just to make sure it's FULLY charged--have it plugged in to a USB as the directions say you can do....Big%20smile  
hemi392 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote hemi392 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 4:01pm

heres the game list if you havent seen it.

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 8:30pm
Thanks to BOTH of you... "hemi392" your youtube recommendation was a big help.  The video showing screen shots etc...got me started in the right direction.  It turned out to be a couple of things wrong--which turned into even more confusion before finally getting it sorted out.  (1) downloading the drivers didn't work at first...kept getting a message saying there was a "driver conflict"...but, then the third time worked?  Also had several monitor settings that were incorrect--like being set at 60hz vs 120hz...  Took a while...but, the trip taught me a lot--more than I had intended ha, ha...  Again, just wanted to say SkyR's and your help were truly appreciated.  THANX
hemi392 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote hemi392 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:48pm
yep not problem
 Post Reply Post Reply