FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will Digital Storm struggle with Ampere supply?

Post Date: 2020-07-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tastethecourage View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tastethecourage Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Will Digital Storm struggle with Ampere supply?
    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 12:40pm
I am looking to buy a Digital Storm PC this year. I'm 33 and finally too lazy to build one myself :P

Typically, there are supply shortages when new NVIDIA GPU's are released (remember when it was miserable finding Turing 2080/2080ti in stock?).

Does Digital Storm typically suffer the same supply issues? I would be bummed if I had to wait an extra 3-6 months! I would think that Digital Storm is a "partner" of sorts with Nvidia and gets a good supply of GPUs?

I know no one has a crystal ball. Just curious if anyone remembers what is was like when Turing launched.

Thanks guys.

Edited by tastethecourage - 11 Jul 2020 at 12:44pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 4:46pm
Disclaimer: I am not a DS employee nor am I affiliated with DS in any official capacity. That said, based solely on my experience as a consumer, I have seen DS affected by supply issues many times over the course of my time on the forums and as a customer, however as someone who meanders around the internet a lot, I'd say DS either does just as good, if not better than all the other builders when it comes to maintaining a supply. I've personally ordered two DS rigs and will likely return for a third at some point, and I've never personally dealt with anything longer than a <1 month delay. 
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 1:05am
+1
Try not to place the order during one of the year's high volume sales (back to school, holidays, special sales' events) to avoid longer processing/building of your order.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:03am
My experience has been, in normal times, DS at least initially has a supply of the newest products. These are far, far from normal times. Air freight, for example, is in the toilet from so fewer flights of all kinds. Shipments of computer parts from Asia have actually been bumped to make room for much needed mask, gowns and face shields we HAVE to have.

The initial release of the newest cards, as you probably know, was delayed from May or June to September. I'm hoping that means a supply has been accumulated, because that would be a very smart thing. But who knows if such a thing could even be accomplished in this environment. Fingers crossed.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 10:52am
Supply will depend on how much NVIDIA can supply to the market. We have a very close relationship with NVIDIA and primary allocation. As with all new product launches, demand is high and initial supply is low. With current AIR FREIGHT / general global supply chain, the past few months have been a struggle for everyone in the market but we are doing what we can to secure as much inventory for our customers.
 Post Reply Post Reply