FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will DS offer anything like this soon?

Post Date: 2012-05-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
428CJ View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 428CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Will DS offer anything like this soon?
    Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:56am
Wife wants to get this from another source-I dont want her to do that - is there any chance DS will offer anything in the near future comparable?

Intel Core i5-2500K processor - 3.30GHz
  • 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 32GB) - Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
  • 1TB SATA hard drive - Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more
  • 24x DL DVD+/-RW Drive - Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
  • 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet - Connect to a broadband modem or wired broadband router with wired Ethernet
  • NVIDIA GT520 graphics card - With 1GB dedicated graphics memoryAdditional Features:
  • 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 8 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x audio jacks, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 2 x PS/2 ports
  • 2 x PCI slots, 1 x PCI Express (x4) slot, 1 x PCI Express (x16) slot, 4 x external 5.25" bays, 6 x internal 3.5" baysSoftware:
  • Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition
  • Backup and Restore options built into Windows allows you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worstSupport and Warranty:
  • 1-year parts and labor warranty
  • $699
  •  Please - NO Bulldozer cpu

Orange7 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Orange7 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:27am
    I understand hating bulldozer (I do too), and you will need to check, but I believe that you could probably swap out the processor, although it will probably cost you some cash (I believe $50 plus the difference in prices between the parts). As of the change, I would say that you would be looking at about two hundred dollars more expensive, although DS support will definitely be worth a lot more than the Support and Warranty that your wife would have gotten on the other system, and it is for three years instead of one.

I also wish that they would create a budget computer with Intel and Nvidia parts, but for now, that is all I can think of.
    DS xm15 Stage 4
    i7-3820 (2.7GHz/3.7GHz)
    16GB 1600MHz DDR3
    GT 630, 1GB
    240GB Intel 520
    FrankW View Drop Down
    DS Veteran
    DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 9:18am
    Hi 428CJ,

You don't say what you are going to use your computer for other than photos, songs and videos. Obviously this is not a gaming machine. You are looking at a low end computer that many companies sell. They are also companies that have poor service and once your warranty expires they are done with you. That is not how DS operates and you seem to know that it is a better computer company than others. DS in not into entry level computers and couldn't stay in business offering the services they do for the cost of your proposed computer.

For your use I see no reason that a Bulldozer wouldn't do the job for you. If photos, songs, video and Internet are all you do just about any CPU will do the job.

I don't want to send away a DS customer but for the use I have listed your system is a good buy. You will just have to take your chances that it will last or if you need help. You would be much better off saving some more money and getting a DS system.

Frank
    darbebo View Drop Down

Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:17am
    their newly launched marauder line was designed to fit "low end budget" customers, their previous low end budget was ODE and I doubt they will go any lower than that....otherwise, it'll become ibuypower style, not cool
    Alex View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:38am
    Well said, we do have our Marauder line of systems starting at $799 under the "Special OPS" brand of desktops.

The reason why the system you are outlining is cheaper is because it has a very low-end video card.
    darbebo View Drop Down

Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:40am
    tell your wife she needs SLI, that's what i told my wife, and then slowly scale back, and you'll hit 799 no problem
    428CJ View Drop Down

Quote 428CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:32am
     I would go for the Maurader if only it had an i5 cpu - just researched it & there is to much about the Bulldozer cpu I dont like. 

She dosent even need a vid card - she plays things like Zuma.

I need to get this handled  so I can order my own.

It could get ugly If i get another new computer before she does.
    darbebo View Drop Down

Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 12:03pm
    rofl, well, can't help you there, if she doens't even need a vid card, might as well get an ipad or some cheap laptop (honestly) and then you can get a 2k+ comp
    surf71zx View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie

Quote surf71zx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:21pm
    Tech Support in this country that speak English speaks volumes. Then check there track record with Better Business Bureau and let the chips fall. You want headaches listening to your wife complain about her bad computer she bought from that other company, dont take any chances, you wont here the end  of it. Buy from Digital Storm and set your mind at ease.
    428CJ View Drop Down

Quote 428CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 8:27am
      OK can you order without a video card ? -  if the cpu has built in HD video -  it would probably be enough for her use.

Alex ?    anyone ? 
    darbebo View Drop Down

Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 8:51am
    you are able to order one without a video card, just gotta make sure the mobo/cpu has onboard video
    Alex View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 9:13am
    That is possible, almost all Z77 have built in video. Big%20Smile
    428CJ View Drop Down

Quote 428CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 1:34pm
      Ok,  you guys talked me into spending twice the money on her computer -
      I just ordered it.   

Now have to wait a little longer to order mine
    darbebo View Drop Down

Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 1:49pm
    nice, again, start with SLI 2x GTX 670, then start scaling down, you'll be pleased at how much you are at when ur at the end
     Post Reply Post Reply