FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this powersupply fit

Post Date: 2021-06-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BarateGites View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BarateGites Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Will this powersupply fit
    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 2:48am
Specifically with all the abbrevations for different kinds of cables and plugs. I'm currently upgrading my tower part by part and am pretty sure a 750W will saturate my power needs. I have a RTX3070, a M.2 SSD, a regular 1TB SSD and an i7 6600k. My motherboard is the Asus z170-p.

Currently I'm looking at an Sharkoon Silent Storm Cool Zero since my old PSU sometimes gives me power surge shutdowns during high CPU usage. They deliver a bunch of cables with it but I don't know if they will fit every piece of my hardware.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 3:22am
750W should be enough. The cable fittings are standard among parts. You won't have any strange sockets you won't have a plug for. You'll want to take pictures and perhaps do some temporary labeling to make sure you remember what goes where. it could get a little confusing without this help.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 9:48am
The main detail you have to make sure you are getting is that they are "modular". That means that you can remove the cables from the psu and leave them (power cables) in place and connected to the system hardware if you have to R&R the unit from the pc.

Post Reply Post Reply