WINDOWS 7 TECHNICAL

Post Date: 2010-02-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jaypeetee44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: WINDOWS 7 TECHNICAL
    Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 6:03am
ShockedAlex, Sarah, Whomever,

I wish you would update the technical threads in the forum to include Windows 7. Although I could probably interpolate some of the information from Vista/XP; all OS's have their peculiarities and it would be helpful.

I realize that business as usual + moving takes much of your time but there are quite a few Windows 7 units out there now and we could use the updates as soon as possible.

I just received my new DS last week and am still busy learning the new systems. As of now all is well, however I am taking the precaution of saving pertinent technical threads to my "favorites" and save to a flash drive ( the info would NOT be accessable on a crashed computer), and would like to include Windows 7 specifics.

BTW, the "free" game you included, GRID, will NOT play on my Win 7 system. It takes you to the character create screen and just keeps looping there. The instructions claimed the fix was to start the game in "safe" mode.....VERY UNSAFE !!!.....It locked my system, gave a black screen, and overheated the GPU to shutdown. I only hope there was no permanent damage done. Has anyone there actually played this game on Win 7 Pro ? If so, enlighten me on "HOW TO PLAY".

Thanks for reading.................................JPTOuch

Edited by jaypeetee44 - 14 Feb 2010 at 2:05pm
Aventum X
IntelCore i9 11900K 3.5 GHz
Asus Prime 2590-P/MSI-A Pro
32GB DDR4 3200 MHz
1000W Semi-Modular 80+Gold
2xSSD M.2 1 TB Firecuda NVM X
GeForce RTX 3070 8GB VR Ready
H20 Cooling for Processor

purpheart23 View Drop Down

Quote purpheart23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 8:44pm

I too feel your pain. I bought a windows 7 64bit system with a razer barracuda AC-1 soundcard that doesn't have windows 7 drivers for download anywhere? The card doesn't recognize 5.1 surround sound speakers. So now my five hundred dollar speaker system doesn't want to play with my soundcard as advertised. Pretty awesome.

rholyrag View Drop Down

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by jaypeetee44

Shocked
   BTW, the "free" game you included, GRID, will NOT play on my Win 7 system. It takes you to the character create screen and just keeps looping there. The instructions claimed the fix was to start the game in "safe" mode.....VERY UNSAFE !!!.....It locked my system, gave a black screen, and overheated the GPU to shutdown. I only hope there was no permanent damage done. Has anyone there actually played this game on Win 7 Pro ? If so, enlighten me on "HOW TO PLAY".

Thanks for reading.................................JPTOuch

Here is a link to the codemasters website.  The answer to your question is on page 4 of this thread.  I did what the thread said in post #33, and the game works just fine.  It has something to do with HT.  Also, there is a new patch for the game.  I believe that it's 1.2v.  BTW, I have a blast playing Grid.  Hope this helps.

leon View Drop Down

Quote leon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by purpheart23

I too feel your pain. I bought a windows 7 64bit system with a razer barracuda AC-1 soundcard that doesn't have windows 7 drivers for download anywhere? The card doesn't recognize 5.1 surround sound speakers. So now my five hundred dollar speaker system doesn't want to play with my soundcard as advertised. Pretty awesome.

I just ordered a windows 7 system with the AC-1... I expect it to work.. though I don't see drivers on the razer page.

Quote purpheart23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 11:40am

I hope it works for you leon. The windows vista 64 or 32 bit drivers do not work with my windows 7. I'll pray for you. ;) Just to be clear with everyone, I do get sound but I don't get 5.1 sound in gaming. Channels move around to whichever speaker they want or don't play at all, I'm actually pretty irritated at Razer for this, who in their right mind sells a sound card for that much money and doesn't keep their drivers updated. Any email or request for support sent to Razer will only get you a link sent to their drivers page which imo isn't the answer anybody is looking for.

Edited by purpheart23 - 15 Feb 2010 at 11:43am
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 11:47am
I would call DS, have them send you a card that is Win 7 ready, like the creative card, part of the testing should be making sure all the components work.
mikki View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 1:16pm
Looks like they removed at Razer AC-1 card from the list... I'll be calling DS regarding this as well.
HailStorm, i7 920 2.66GHz (OC @ 3.75GHz), EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI, 6GB, 1000W Corsair, 2x CrossFire Dual ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB, Stage 6: Sub-Zero LCS Dual Loop
mikki View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 2:13pm
Upgrading to X-fi pro now to avoid future problems... My system should ship out today or tomorrow :D
HailStorm, i7 920 2.66GHz (OC @ 3.75GHz), EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI, 6GB, 1000W Corsair, 2x CrossFire Dual ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB, Stage 6: Sub-Zero LCS Dual Loop

Quote purpheart23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 6:51pm
Yeah I recieved a response from Chris.I am a huge fan of DS's customer service, they offered to let me pay the difference for an upgrade, return the card for a full refund or just sit and wait for the (according to razer) eventual release of win 7 drivers. I don't know. would like to get accurate 5.1 out of these speakers in game.
mikki View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:04pm
Chris is the best ^_^. I'm using 2.1 speakers (Razer Mako) but want to avoid problems if we upgrade to 5.1. I hope the Creative X-Fi Pro is good. Chris says it's definitely an upgrade from the Barracuda. I also feel that it will have better future support.
leon View Drop Down

Quote leon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 8:22pm
Unfortunately I am somewhat invested in the Razer set as I have the HP-1 with the proprietary AC-1 interface. I'll be a little patient but in all fairness to Razer, DS should be aware of this type of thing particularly when they go to get updated drivers for testing. I'm sure tech's figured I can hear sound it must be good which obviously gives a false sense compatibility.

Sounds like they are more than willing to make an effort to make it right. Much appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply