FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless verse Wired Mouse and Keyboard

Post Date: 2011-12-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bbaisw View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Wireless verse Wired Mouse and Keyboard
    Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 9:11pm
Does anyone have any experience with using a wireless mouse/keyboard for their computer. Any pros and cons, and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kaskade View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Kaskade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:08pm
It depends what you are using it for, Personally I have used wireless mouses before and they worked quite well, especially with gaming. I don't have much experience with wireless keyboards but the times I did the delay was noticeable.
jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 11:02pm
Rewind 7 years ago when I got my first system (something that was my own for gaming) and wireless mice and keyboards were lacking at times but generally only made a difference in FPS games where people did everything the could to make sure the action response times were as quick as possible.

Wireless technology has come a long way since then and so long as you don't cheap out on the hardware you'll never see a difference between reaction times for wired vs wireless. There are wireless mice that report (sending the signal to your computer) up to 1,000 times per second. Which needless to say is much, much faster then any human reaction time.

The one thing that can be annoying is wireless mice can be shaped weird and can be a bit heavy due to the battery. The weight of a mouse is something people can be picky about some times, that's why some high end mice have weights that can be added or removed.

I like my G15 and don't feel the need/urge to go back to a wireless keyboard. But I find myself looking at wireless mice all the time as I get annoyed with the cored on my wired one. I had to run the cable a special way around my desk to keep the cord from dragging on anything. My only issue is the wireless mice I look at are always too funky or have too many buttons. I like extra buttons, but I don't need 13 of them on my mouse.

Post Reply Post Reply