Post Date: 2011-02-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shade View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: WMP 12 Issue
    Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 2:42pm

I have been having this weird thing happen with Windows Media Player 12 for awhile now where every now and again after a reboot when I start WMP it just hangs with the circle going for up to 10-15 mins before it opens but it does finally allow you to use it normally,  also if the program is not open and you try to open a audio or video file it starts to play but it then hangs and won't let you use the controls or close the program.  In the past it has come out of it on its own or after several reboots but never given me an idea of what was wrong or what changed to fix it.

I have tried searching other places for a solution but couldn't find anyone having the same type of issue, can you give me any suggestions for what to try as it has persisted through several days and reboots.

Any help would be appreciated
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 12:23am
I don't use WMP anymore, too much trouble.

I use windows media player classic that comes with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, and I also use VideoLan that is a stand alone player and will play just about anything.

Edited by DST4ME - 04 Feb 2011 at 12:24am
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 11:37pm
use windows media center. wmc is like a better gui for wmp so it should work if its the gui thats freezing. if all fails just use vlc(as dst mentioned) or winamp.
Steam:pcmaster160
 Post Reply Post Reply