FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would MY Monitor work with my PC

Post Date: 2019-05-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adonias888 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote adonias888 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Would MY Monitor work with my PC
    Posted: 05 May 2019 at 6:15pm
Hello everyone so I just recently bought a new PC the

Digital Storm Lynx - Level 4 (MPN-9700K-2070)

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lynx - Level 4 (MPN-9700K-2070)
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K (4.9 GHz Turbo) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS / MSI (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 750W Digital Storm Performance Series (Fully Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2070 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

I have a monitor the BenQ EL287OU 28inch 4K HDR gaming monitor and my question is, like in the title, will it work with any PC?
Sorry if this not the right category to post something like this here let me know and I'll move it, Thanks.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2019 at 8:53pm
The short answer is yes it should work with your new Lynx rig and the NVidia RTX 2070 video card.    How well it will play and perform at 4K in current 4K games I’m not real sure...

Would have been preferable to go after an NVidia GSync approved monitor from the NVidia tested lists they recently updated, but some FreeSynch screens like the BenQ might also be GSync compatible.   Yours isn’t listed there as tested yet, but here is the link to the current updated NVidia tested monitor lists as of April 2019.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

We don’t usually encourage people to plan on 4K gaming on that excellent midrange RTX 2070 video card, because while it will work...you would likely be at reduced game settings to get smooth frame rates in demanding 4K titles.    We would normally encourage 1080p and 2K / 1440 players to use the RTX 2070, and those wanting solid 4K or VR performance we would point towards the stronger RTX 2080 or RTX 2080 Ti cards to play recent titles in 4K with high frame rates on high game settings.   Those 2080 cards have more processing power on board to handle the demanding 4K resolution better, and even they can struggle to handle it in some titles.    Hope that helps.
adonias888 View Drop Down

Quote adonias888 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

The short answer is yes it should work with your new Lynx rig and the NVidia RTX 2070 video card.    How well it will play and perform at 4K in current 4K games I’m not real sure...

Would have been preferable to go after an NVidia GSync approved monitor from the NVidia tested lists they recently updated, but some FreeSynch screens like the BenQ might also be GSync compatible.   Yours isn’t listed there as tested yet, but here is the link to the current updated NVidia tested monitor lists as of April 2019.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

We don’t usually encourage people to plan on 4K gaming on that excellent midrange RTX 2070 video card, because while it will work...you would likely be at reduced game settings to get smooth frame rates in demanding 4K titles.    We would normally encourage 1080p and 2K / 1440 players to use the RTX 2070, and those wanting solid 4K or VR performance we would point towards the stronger RTX 2080 or RTX 2080 Ti cards to play recent titles in 4K with high frame rates on high game settings.   Those 2080 cards have more processing power on board to handle the demanding 4K resolution better, and even they can struggle to handle it in some titles.    Hope that helps.

I wasn't thinking of playing at 4K settings this was just the only monitor I had right now, I bought it mainly for my consoles, so I had no other option but thank you for letting me know. If you don't mind I have one more question I'd like to ask. Until I get the proper monitor for my rig would it cause any harm to my PC or my monitor? Out of these 3 options provided by digital storm when I was purchasing the PC, which I did not purchase yet, Which one would you recommend or does it come down to personnel preference?

-MSI 24 inch MAG24C Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response)
(1920x1080)
-MSI 27 inch MAG27C Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response)
(1920x1080)
-MSI 31.5 inch MAG321CQR Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms
Response) (2560x1440)

Edited by adonias888 - 05 May 2019 at 10:29pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 May 2019 at 12:52am
Nope it would not cause damage...lol.

They are all TN tech panels, but at least the 31” is 2560 x 1440 resolution... but they are also not GSync panels.    I would instead find a better choice from the NVidia GSync list somewhere else...easier to find good prices on monitors on Newegg, amazon., Best Buy..etc.    
I have always preferred Dell Ultrasharp IPS monitors...a couple Dell Alienware are on that list, and Asus as well.. What size, display tech, and resolution you prefer is all personal preference and experience...

Edited by HockeyBuck - 06 May 2019 at 12:53am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 May 2019 at 2:04am
Hi

Any monitor will work and not harm the pc or monitor. The settings on games will have to be lowered to keep the games playable depending on the monitor's resolution and GPU powering them. TN panels are good but IPS are better for color rendition and viewing angles. I use Asus and Samsung. As HockeyBuck stated, you can review and purchase online from various sources with more selection (Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, etc.)
Good luck and enjoy.
Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply