FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WoW/Rift should I single card or Xfire/SLI?

Post Date: 2011-06-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Najja View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Najja Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: WoW/Rift should I single card or Xfire/SLI?
    Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 3:34pm
Currently I'm running a single Radeon 5870 and would like to get more FPS out of the system. My question is what would be my best route here? Would I be better off going up to a higher single card or grabbing a second 5870? I've heard that WoW doesn't scale well with multiple GPUs but can't confirm that, would love for any input from the community.
Syph3n View Drop Down

Quote Syph3n Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 12:59am
I'm currently running 2 gtx 260s in sli (a little old i know but still SLI) I run newer games much better then WoW, WoW just does not like SLI. So honestly if wow is all you plan on playing just grab a newer card we recommend the GTX 570 from Nvidia it will definitely run wow nicely
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 2:31am
Ya 570 will give you better performance, wow does not utilize sli correctly.

ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 5:38am
WOW doesn't support SLi. Even if you're in game and you still see nice FPS.. doens't mean it supports it. WOW is old ... with old graphics..

Rift does support SLi.

Edited by ironmb - 09 Jun 2011 at 5:40am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 6:11am
All games support sli, not all utilize it, that specially includes wow.
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 8:42am
WoW has no support for SLi.. there is no "we support it but dont utilize it".
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 9:25am
ironmb, once again, all games support sli, but not all utilize it correctly.

People that don't understand how sli works in games, have a misunderstanding of thinking that some don't support it, and then go around and misinform people like yourself by saying "(insert game name here) does not support sli, which is not correct, they all support sli, but not all utilize it correctly.

The tech of wow themselves don't know why they are saying half the time.

here is quote from nvidia

NVIDIA® SLI™ technology can be enabled for every gaming application. In addition, to provide the optimal 'out-of-box' experience, NVIDIA has created an extensive set of over 500 custom application profiles which enable SLI technology automatically and optimize scaling performance. These optimized applications, shown below, are enabled automatically with no control panel changes required.

If you want to create your own optimized application profile to enable SLI for a game not found in this list, simply follow these quick instructions.

If your favorite game isn't found in this list below, you can also submit a request to have this profile added to the next driver release.

Also if you checkout nvidia's list of supported games for sli, you will see wow listed.

Give us a little credit that we know what we are talking about.

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Jun 2011 at 9:31am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 11:42am
Sorry DST but I'm gonna disagree with you all day. I'm 100% sure i can entrust a World of Warcraft tech on the phone, over Nvidia, and your reference. 2 GPU's are better than one but doesn't mean it still supports SLi.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 11:57am
Originally posted by ironmb

Sorry DST but I'm gonna disagree with you all day. I'm 100% sure i can entrust a World of Warcraft tech on the phone, over Nvidia, and your reference. 2 GPU's are better than one but doesn't mean it still supports SLi.

Ironmb you can disagree but it will have nothing to do with the facts, and fact are better form the maker of sli then some tech that doesn't understand his own underwear.

We correct techs all the time. If I had a dime for everytime a tech was wrong, I would be a billionaire right now, lol, I mean we even correct techs that review DS for major websites, just because one is a tech it does not mean anything, specially one that doesn't understand sli and tell others that whateve game does not "support" sli, which is not true.

the explanation is right there from the make of sli, which is nvidia, and it says right there that its software based and all games can do it.

just because 2 gpus are better then one, it does not mean it does not support sli, again all games support sli, how they utilize it, is a different story.

Now you are free to take teh maker of sli's word on it

or

some wet behind a ear wow tech that has no idea what he is talking about.

you will find everybody here that understands it will explain the same thing to you.

also if a game does better with 2 gpus, then it does mean its sli that is doing it, without sli, you could not use 2 gpus on a game.

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Jun 2011 at 6:01pm
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 1:26pm
That made no sense. "just because 2 gpus are not better then one" proof read your stuff before posting. There are hundreds of threads, responses, showing, stating that WoW doesn't support SLi. Grats you gave me a link that showed nvidia saying it's software that supports all games. WOOOHOAAA!!! thats like saying intel's turbo boost is awesome.

Go read nVidia forums, forcing profiles on a game isn't SLi support. I know what you're trying to say.. you're trying to state a PROFILE for the game is support. When its not..

Read the print, WoW utilizes 3 cores, and 1 gpu core. DOES NOT SUPPORT SLI.

Edited by ironmb - 09 Jun 2011 at 1:35pm
Uruvsuurt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Uruvsuurt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:07pm
Let us get back to the topic:

So how much better will a 570 GTX be over the 5870?  I assume he/she is running a 24" or larger monitor?

right now with a 1680 x 1050 (i think that is what it is) 22" monitor I get 50-60 fps in WoW (depending on what is going on in the game; ie raid with aoe vs standing around in town), but I get more like 35-40 in Rift.  Lower in a huge battle.

I was thinking of moving up the video card scale, but may wait until the 7XXX series comes out and then trick...er convince my wife I need a Dell Ultrasharp monitor.....
Najja View Drop Down

Quote Najja Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 5:12pm
Currently I'm using two 24in monitors, 1 Dell, 1 Asus LED at 1920 X 1080. Games on the LED, other stuff on the Dell XD. Game wise I'm pretty much set on just WoW and Rift.
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 5:57pm
Ironmb there are games that support SLI that came out before SLI or Crossfire even existed. A game can be optimized for SLI use and compatibility but if it isn't then it can still be at a GPU hardware/driver level that is transparent to the game. In this case a game does not need to be programmed specifically to utilize SLI any more than a game needs to be programmed specifically to utilize my RAID array, as far as it cares it's just a normal old C: drive.

For your consideration:
1) Nvidia lists WoW as SLI supported and has a custom SLI profile specifically for it.
2) Driver 197.13 (3/17/2010) specifically lists enhancing the WoW SLI profile.
3) Driver 267.76 (3/24/2011) specifically lists enhancing the WoW SLI profile, again.
4) With SLI you can set up to 64x CSAA anti-aliasing, you can not with a single GPU. This is another thing the game does not officially support but is simply done at a GPU driver level.
5) I get higher FPS in WoW with SLI than without SLI.

Discuss.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 6:08pm
Thank you Dragoon.

@ironmb, we have explained this to you, what you choose to believe is upto you, I just hope you don't pass that out around here, its hard enough over coming the bad info from outside of the forum.

there are others than dragoon that say sli works just fine for them in wow, justin always said at high res sli helped him with wow, there are others on this/other forums.

sorry about not proof reading, I'm not great at it but I do well most times.

@Uruvsuurt, in wow 570 will do around about 20fps better than the 5870. I didn't see him make a reference to his monitor, at 1600 x 1200 a 560 ti should do very well for wow. IMHO its a good choice to take your time and wait a bit.

@Najja, while wow does not utilize sli the new rift does.

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Jun 2011 at 7:39pm
Uruvsuurt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Uruvsuurt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 7:42pm
My only real money sink hobby is the PC, and it is more that I like to tinker and see what I can get it to do. Small potatoes compared to some of you...cough...justin...cough.

For now, my monitor and video card work too well to just replace, so I will wait. I bought the i7 920 cpu based system last year with the idea that the base technology will be fine for a long time, and that later when I need to upgrade I have so much to move on up to. Plus it will be cheap as hell by that time.

ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Dragoonseal

Ironmb there are games that support SLI that came out before SLI or Crossfire even existed. A game can be optimized for SLI use and compatibility but if it isn't then it can still be at a GPU hardware/driver level that is transparent to the game. In this case a game does not need to be programmed specifically to utilize SLI any more than a game needs to be programmed specifically to utilize my RAID array, as far as it cares it's just a normal old C: drive.

For your consideration:
1) Nvidia lists WoW as SLI supported and has a custom SLI profile specifically for it.
2) Driver 197.13 (3/17/2010) specifically lists enhancing the WoW SLI profile.
3) Driver 267.76 (3/24/2011) specifically lists enhancing the WoW SLI profile, again.
4) With SLI you can set up to 64x CSAA anti-aliasing, you can not with a single GPU. This is another thing the game does not officially support but is simply done at a GPU driver level.
5) I get higher FPS in WoW with SLI than without SLI.

Discuss.

DST just stop posting on the matter. What you choose to believe is false information.

Dragoon, let me give you a thumbs up for your SLi working woth WoW. What about the THOUSANDS of threads numerous forums about SLi giving worse FPS than 1 single card. Now don't get me wrong Dragoon, WOW is probably the worst way to represent any FPS SLi debate, considering it has terrible graphics and one 400+ GPU could get 100+ frames.

You're probably 1 - 500 who's SLi works with no issues on WoW. I dont know how many times i need to tell you, to read the fine print. WOW UTILIZES 3 Cores, and 1 gpu. Keep telling me forced profiles are SLi support when it's not, that is not SLi support, it's forced. I don't know how hard it is to understand this.

If a WOW rep, and a WOW tech, and NUMEROUS OTHER TECHS, state they don't support SLi, how hard is that to believe? How does DST keep saying "oh nvidia has profiles, that MUST MEAN THEY SUPPORT SLi". There is not one thread where NVidia has made it so every person can see massive improvements with 2 GPU's.

WoW uses 50% of each card, it's been posted, shown, proved on nVidia forums and Anandtech, and thousand of threads on WOW FORUMS showing blues stating they don't support SLi. SO if you choose to believe thats SLi, well you're spreading bad information.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 2:36am
LOL this is getting funny.

You are the one that is choosing to believe what he wants, me and dragoon are giving you the facts but you choose to ignore them.

You also don't seem to understand or want to understand what sli is and how it works. sli is software based.

You keep telling us that NUMEROUS OTHER TECHS state that it does not support sli, so what? No body ever told you that justs because bunch of people jump off of a bridge it does not mean its the right thing to do?

where are your numerous techs anyways? bring me a real creditable tech that understands how sli works and you will see they will say the same thing me and dragoon are saying. We correct techs on a daily basis, just because one has the word "tech" in their job description, its does not mean they are not wrong and everything they say is correct.

question tho, if wow does not support sli, how are people like dragoon adn justin and many others using sli on it? what do your NUMEROUS OTHER TECHS have to say about that? I'm dying to hear their misinformed explanation.

Originally posted by justin.kerr

only seen positive results from WOW and multi cards.

here is a DS rep:

Originally posted by Sarah

Its hit or miss with WoW and SLI

others from other forum:

Originally posted by pansertjald

World of Warcraft will work on SLI based system, the benefit you will get from running WOW in SLI is minimal.

Originally posted by Astral Abyss from hardforum

If you look at your Afterburner graphs or turn on the SLI utilization bars while you're in WoW you'll see both cards utilizing exactly 50/50 workload now.

But you'll definately get a nice boost from SLI in WoW these days.

I can keep posting people that report results from sli in wow, and most of those quotes are recent, you got anything recent from anandtech or etc?

using 50% of two cards = sli, again without sli you can't use 2 cards to help run a game. if there are 2 gpus involved at running a game and they are working together that is sli.

We keep givning you the facts about how things work, all you have to say is look at how many people are jumping off the bridge, so what?

lot of misinformed people back in the day thought that sun revolved around the earth, lot of people thought that earth was flat, in short, who cares what a bunch of people think?

If 8 billion people got up tomorrow and said 2 + 2 = 5, it still is not gonna make 2 + 2 = 5, it does not matter how many misinformed people what to say it does.

So in fact we are giving you the info on how things work but you want to keep telling us what so many misinformed people want to say.

No matter what anybody says, at the end of the day 2 + 2 = 4, and all games support sli but some don't utilize it well.

Now I'm dying for you to bring me a tech that says using 50/50 on 2 cards is not sli.

Originally posted by nvidia

How Does SLI Technology Work?
Using proprietary software algorithms and dedicated scalability logic in each NVIDIA graphics processing unit (GPU), NVIDIA SLI technology delivers up to twice the performance (with 2 cards) and 2.8X the performance (with 3 cards) compared to a single graphics solution.

How Do I Get SLI?
To run SLI, a PC needs to be equipped with an SLI-Certified Motherboard and 2or 3 SLI-Certified GeForce GPUs. We also recommend using an SLI-Certified power supply and chassis for maximum stability. For a list of certified products, click here.

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Jun 2011 at 3:07am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 2:41am
More or less, you were wrong. Keep posting though.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 2:46am
LOL so no tech explaining to us how 50/50 use on 2 cards is not sli?

justin's has no idea what he is talking about even tho he has more knowledge then any tech we have seen? including DS techs?

I have no idea what I'm talking about all of a sudden.

dragoon has no idea what he is talking about all of sudden.

Ya that makes lot of sense ironmb, all of us creditable knowledgeable people, that spend our time correcting bs info for users here, all of a sudden have gone nuts.

Yes that makes perfect sense, just like how 2 gpus working together to run a game, is not sli.

this is not about whether you are wrong or we are wrong, this is about giving readers proper facts and info.

I'm sure the readers have enough info and facts here to figure it out, I don't see too many readers thinking me/dragoon/justin are wrong, specially after reading our other posts about other subjects.

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Jun 2011 at 2:49am
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 3:22am
im with dst on this one, SLI will have an effect on performance some how or another in EVERY game. Wether if its negative or positive is something totally different. Some games that may or may not have optimization may still work well with SLI im beta testing a pretty popular up and coming MMO that will put both my gtx 570's to about 70-90% use.
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 3:41am

DST get mad all you want, i know you get all angry inside when someone doesn't agree with you. You linked me 3 quotes from forums saying WoW had an FPS gain, yay!!!! Go link the 1000+ posts after you google WoW and SLi - how many complaints of it dropping FPS and not scaling. WoW = 3 cores 1 gpu. The fine print is there, you just refuse to read it.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 4:53am
LOL I'm not mad, I told you in my last post, this is not about you being wrong or me being right, its about facts.

Unfortunately you don't understand what we are saying, or how sli itself works, and you are not interested to learn how sli works either.

How can sli improve even in one case if its not supported? I posted 3 instead one, that 3 times more then what is needed, cause all it takes is one creditable source that knows what they are doing to show improvment with 2 gpus, and the theory of wow does not support sli goes under.

If its does not support sli, then never can sli work or show improvement.

I showed 3 people that have better fps with sli, justin has not been around lately (and lucky for you, he is not as kind with misinformed people as I am), dragoon is here himself, he has proven himself to be creditable in many areas in the past, he has no reason to lie, how can he and other possibly see gains from something that is not supported? The answer is very simple, its in how sli itself works with games, its available in any game, how a game utilizes it, is a different story.

is anandtech wrong just like the rest of us in this thread, cause this is their benchmark:

one thing is clear, wow is supporting sli on dragoon's/justins/other people I know/anandtech's pcs.

Somebody should contacts these pcs and let them know about the fine print, maybe dragoon's pc is not aware that its not suppose to let wow support sli, bad Lilim

but in all honesty, there is nothing we can show you that will make you change your mind, no matter how many creditable people/sites/etc we show you, you are still gonna go with techs and people you know nothing about, vs people/sites we know, I mean if wow itself could talk and said ya I support sli, you would direct it to its own fine print right?

I mean if there is, let us know, the sooner you know the facts and say the correct things the sooner you look more creditable, you are nice guy, but I don't know why you think we are bsing about somethings, we are not, I can understand why you would be misinformed, the net is full of bs info, which is why we are here, but I don't understand why you would think we would lie to you.

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Jun 2011 at 5:10am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 5:16am

Do you realize how old that test is? Think before posting. 3 CPU's, 1 GPU. Facts are facts. 3 CPU's, 1 GPU utitlized. This is not BS info, these are facts, IN FINE PRINT under NUMEROUS WEBSITES. Facts are facts.

Considering you're on anandtech, why don't you go the forums and see everyone state WoW does not support SLi. Oh wait, they're a bunch of nobodys who are misinformed. Ahh i c, we need Justin to come save the day. Wait who is Justin? Oh wait someone who i dont know either. So you're saying i should take a person who i have no idea who he is, over people who argueably know more than you on anandtech forums. ic .. reverse logic.

Edited by ironmb - 10 Jun 2011 at 5:22am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 5:40am
I'm sorry are you now saying that because the bench is from 2009, that makes a difference in wow's sli support?

so what if its from 2009, did wow stop supporting sli in 2011 or something?

the age of the bench has nothing to do with it.

Ok you don't know justin, don't care about the facts I presented, so what is your theory on dragoon and his gain of sli?

also you don't seem to grasp the concept of the net being full of people with mis info, so what if there is bunch of people on anadtech's forum that don't understand how sli works? whats new? all forums are full of mis informed people that think they know what they are talking about when they don't.

question here is "how did anadtech get sli to work on wow, if it does not support sli"?

Also anybody on any forum that thinks wow or any games does not support sli, obviously don't know what they are talking about, and don't know more than me/dragoon/justin, if you find somebody that knows what we know, guess what, they will say what we say, other than that, what do we care if everybody on some forum thinks 2 + 2 = 5?

What you like to force yourself to believe has nothing to do with how sli works, and the fact that wow supports it, which is why that bench clearly shows improvement in sli with wow, and why dragoon and others can see gain from sli in wow.

so you can deny the facts all you like, I think the readers and rest of us can see the facts clearly ourselves, and don't' need people from anadtech forum to tell us what anadtech itself is showing is possible, is not possible.

btw you do know that anadtech forums is just users and has nothing to do with anadtech's website iself, the users don't do any of those benches, why don't you try finding the anatech techs that did that bench, and ask them if wow supports sli, instead of some wet behind a ear forum member that has no idea what sli is to begin with

I will remove myself from the equation, but so far we have anadtech showing sli works on wow, dragoon who you many not know, but many of us know to be a creditable guy, and he says he has gains from sli in wow, so that is 2 sources that clearly show wow supporting sli.

lol how can somebody sit there look right at that benchmark and still say wow does not support sli? if it doe not support sli then how is this possible?

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Jun 2011 at 5:44am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 8:23am
Wet behind the ear forum user, such as yourself. Net is full of misleading info!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 8:41am
Ok you can insult me if you like, that has no baring on wow and sli.

And the benchmark clearly showing wow using sli from anandtech by anandtech's techs?

And dragoon?

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Jun 2011 at 9:03am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 9:33am
No insult, but you have no right to insult others on anandtech forums.

In short, i know you cant stand being wrong.

WoW runs up to 3 cores, 1 GPU core. <-- this isnt 2 GPU's. WTheck?!

I know its tough not being right.. but the proof is in the pudding.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 10:40am
but the proof is in the pudding.

apparently not, cause there it is and yet you act like its not there:

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Jun 2011 at 10:41am
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by ironmb

WoW runs up to 3 cores, 1 GPU core. <-- this isnt 2 GPU's. WTheck?!

I hate to have to bother explaining this again, but it does not matter how many GPUs WoW or any other game is programmed to take advantage of. SLI lets multiple GPUs work together on a hardware/driver level as a single GPU. As far as they know they're just communicating with one GPU but in reality the GPUs are splitting the work between themselves.

Same idea behind a RAID array, it's all done at a hardware/driver level so as far as everything else is concerned it is just a normal single HDD, which happens to be abnormally fast.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
Uruvsuurt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Uruvsuurt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 3:58pm
This may be the most insane thread I have seen on this forum.  It now beats out Justin's pancake cooking thread.

Of course no one has any idea who justin is so, I give up.

EDIT:

I pulled this off the wow tech forums:

"Multiple GPUs (SLI and Crossfire) under Windows Vista

There is a Vista hotfix that may speed up multiple GPU performance. The hotfix is no longer available as it is rolled up into Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Please download and install the service pack if you have not done so."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154269

Use it as you will people.

I will add this:

In my experience with the wow techs and players of my guild(s), what Blizzard means by "we do not support this" is that they will not be able to or willing to answer sli support tickets like they do most 132 134 error threads, etc etc.

They just mean you are on your own, or that is how I interpreted the answer I got last year before I ordered my pc.

Don't kill me now....

Edited by Uruvsuurt - 10 Jun 2011 at 4:10pm
Najja View Drop Down

Quote Najja Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 12:58pm
Wow I didn't think I would start such a heated discussion XD In the end though this back and forth has given me enough information to make my decision on the matter. Thanks for all your input its appreciated.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 9:47pm
Our pleasure and good luck               
Qwann View Drop Down

Quote Qwann Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 11:37pm
Hey all, I thought I'd chime in here as well to give some support to DST and Dragoon and Justin etc.

As Dragoon has pointed out, SLI has had mixed results (for WoW), and in the few moments in that game you aren't CPU bottlenecked, SLI may or may not show [slight] improvement.

Another thing to take note of is that WoW supports as many cores as you give it, but the increase in fps drastically decreases per core after the first 3 cores.

Another interesting point is that a 64-Bit client for WoW is due out within the next few months and should hopefully show increased benefit from SLI/CF and 4+ core CPU's.

Edited by Qwann - 12 Jun 2011 at 11:38pm
Najja View Drop Down

Quote Najja Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 7:04pm
Figured I would simply add my new thoughts to the end of this thread since its pretty much the same topic. I've decided that I want to go with a CF/SLI set up, was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what the best cards I can get for about $200 or less a piece. As always thanks for your input XD
Uruvsuurt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Uruvsuurt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:09pm
I am not an expert but maybe a 560 gtx or HD 6870s? I think both have options of about $190-200 on newegg.

Then again maybe a set of 4XX series cards will rock the world and they may be cheaper still.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>