FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x15e Realtek HD Audio and Headphones issue

Post Date: 2012-10-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
riesnich View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote riesnich Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: x15e Realtek HD Audio and Headphones issue
    Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 4:36pm
I recently purchased an x15e laptop with the Realtek HD Audio Card and have run into some issues with the use of Headphones. The issue that I have is that when I plug my headphones into the headphone jack audio plays through both speakers and headphones. This is obviously undesirable (in my opinion the purpose of headphones is so that I can be the only one hearing audio so as not to bother those around me).

A google search suggested that I check my device list and make the headphones the default device, however the headphones do not appear in the list, further no matter how I adjust the settings with Realtek audio monitor the only results I can achieve is either no audio or audio through both sources.

I found a temporary fix by using the line in port and making the computer think that the headphones are rear speakers and the front speakers do not exist. This however has caused audio issues in several games.

In summary my goal is to find out how to make audio play through only my headphones in stereo format, is there anyone who may be able to help with this?

I have already consulted digital storm google searches and several forums without success. My driver seems to be up to date, I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling from the digital storm driver disk, then when that did not work I uninstalled and reinstalled again from the link from realtek.com website, again with no success.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 4:50pm
Have you tried a different set of headphones or earbuds to see what happens? I've seen such issues linked to a specific headphone or earbud before.
riesnich View Drop Down

Quote riesnich Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 6:27pm
Yes I have already tried scull candy, apple and sony headphones both in and out of ear style.
Cash View Drop Down

Quote Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 7:55pm
Thats strange I have a x15e too and havent run into this issue. I just tried 3 different headphones and they all worked. Im sure someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and help you fix it but I'll keep messing with stuff.

Edited by Cash - 08 Oct 2012 at 11:30pm
riesnich View Drop Down

Quote riesnich Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 6:46am
I wonder if it could be an issue with my headphone jack because it doesn't seem to be a common issue, Google search nothing I will contact tech support and post an update if it is repaired for the reference of anyone who may require the info. Please let me know if you have any other suggeStions.
Bobby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 9:35am
Did you get into the sound settings and change speaker configuration to headphones? If so, remove that configuration and revert back to speakers. I say that because a while back on an HP workstation laptop I configured my sound for headphones so I could play with the equalizer for better sound over the headphones. Problem was it popped up 2 volume controls in the systray and the speakers stayed active even if the headset was plugged in.

Assuming you don't have a bad headphone jack that is simply not cutting out the speakers when a jack is inserted, it's possible the sound settings are driving both the headphone jack AND the speakers.

Once I got rid of the headphone configuration, the laptop reverted back to normal operation and the speakers disconnected when the headset was plugged in.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 11:56am
Let me know how it goes, if you still can't figure it out or our team, I can contact Clevo directly. Send me an email: [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply