FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X17 Laptop Lvl 1 Review

Post Date: 2012-04-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Siikzhot View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Siikzhot Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: X17 Laptop Lvl 1 Review
    Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 4:48pm
Hello Everyone, First off i would like to say that Digital Storm Is absolutely Amazing!!! They are the only company i would ever trust to build an awesome and amazing gaming rig.

I received my x17 last Monday but ive been to busy playing around on it to post a review until Now!
Its not letting me post any pictures for some reason but anyway its really pretty haha.

First Off it only took 12 days from the day i ordered to receiving it so that was really quick! It came in a big box that had another box inside of it. Opened it up to find my laptop with its own carrying case which is nice!

Took it out and booted for first time and was really fast boot up without an SSD.

Here are the specs incase anyone is wondering :D
Chassis Model: Digital Storm x17 Laptop (Model: 9170)
Display: 17.3 Inch (16:9) (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) (Glossy Surface) LED-Backlit Display
Processor: Intel Core i7 2760QM (2.4 GHz Turbo Mode to 3.5Ghz) (Quad Core) (6MB Cache)
Thermal Compound: Premium IC Diamond CPU and GPU Thermal Compound (Reduces Thermal & Laptop Noise)
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Primary Hard Drive: 500GB 7200RPM (SATA 3Gb/s)
Secondary Hard Drive: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD/CD 8x Multi-Drive (Writes and Reads DVDs, CDs)
Wireless Card: 802.11 B/G/N Wireless LAN Module
Video Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 2GB with NVIDIA Optimus Technology
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Warranty Plan: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

Anyway i bought this laptop with gaming, recording, and school work in mind, although i was planning on buying a new Desktop Gaming Rig during the summer, those plans have changed. I did not expect this laptop to handle games so so well.
Battlefield 3, Cod 4, Swtor, Gotham City Imposters, Mass Effect 3
I can run every single on of these games on the highest highest settings and it is super smooth gameplay no hiccups, or dropped frames just pure sexyness!! I can even record with Fraps and everything run super smooth!!

Never had a problem with this laptop yet, and hopefully never will!!! This thing is pure amazing and to anyone out there not sure if they should buy this or go to a different website, Buy This!! It is way better than anything ive ever had and if you have 1800 to spend and want to play everything ultra this is the way to go

Anyway if anyone does read this i would like to ask a technical question, i am going to try to install and SSD and would like to know how i would go about doing this on this laptop as im not to sure and don't wanna mess with anything and break something.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 8:57pm
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with our product. Post some awesome pics! Big%20Smile
Bobby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2012 at 5:47pm
Thank you for your review. Based on your satisfaction, I intend to order the same laptop.
 Post Reply Post Reply