FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

xmp crashing pc

Post Date: 2021-01-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
antzy View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote antzy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: xmp crashing pc
    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:06pm
hello, im trying to set my machine to xmp and it just keeps crashing when opening chrome then eventually had to reinstall windows. when i first received pc, it was over clocked and stable and now it wont. any suggestion on what could cause this? thanks
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:02am
You didn’t give much info, but setting XMP is changing your ram speed.   Why are you changing it ?   Unless you have experience with tweaking ram I would leave it alone. For most, a difference in ram speed does little.

Setting XMP to a higher ram speed can definitely crash or make unstable your pc.   Ram speed needs to play nice with cpu OC speed, etc.    

To get back to a stable system go into Bios or UEFI, Advanced tab, Tools and load a saved profile DS saved to when they made your rig. Use your motherboard manual for your specific mobo to navigate.   

Good luck.
antzy View Drop Down

Quote antzy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:18am
Originally posted by bprat22

You didn’t give much info, but setting XMP is changing your ram speed.   Why are you changing it ?   Unless you have experience with tweaking ram I would leave it alone. For most, a difference in ram speed does little.

Setting XMP to a higher ram speed can definitely crash or make unstable your pc.   Ram speed needs to play nice with cpu OC speed, etc.    

To get back to a stable system go into Bios or UEFI, Advanced tab, Tools and load a saved profile DS saved to when they made your rig. Use your motherboard manual for your specific mobo to navigate.   

Good luck.

sorry for the lack of info! specs are i9 7960x, asus prime deluxe 1, 32 gb of D.S ddr4.

the machine came overclocked but had to reset. it was basically crashing when i opened chrome browser lol

im a bit of an armature and only use my machine to make music so bear with me please =]]

Edited by antzy - 27 Jan 2021 at 6:19am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 4:02am
Got it.   Once you get it back to how DS delivered it I would just sit back and enjoy. DS does all the hard work so we can just have fun.   Tweaking can be fun and we always want a bit more, but if it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Lol

Good luck.

Post Reply Post Reply