XP's disk defragmenter is Gone?!?

Post Date: 2009-03-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
paintballakid5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote paintballakid5 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: XP's disk defragmenter is Gone?!?
    Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 7:11pm
Stupid microsoft won't help me without charging me $60 so i thought i would ask here..

my defragmenter is gone...

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 8:28pm
Not sure what you mean by that HM but OC can't install or get ride of any apps, once got nothing to do with the other, apps can crash but die and go away, I don't know about.

open cmd and paste this in there and hit enter and lets see what you get:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msxml3.dll

you should get a prompt saying registration was successful shortly after.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 9:23pm
HM if I were you I would not repeat that

what you are describing has nothing to do with OC, there are million reasons why you lost those 2 things, most common is corruption.

I have lost notepad and paint exactly the same way you described but on a PC that could not even be oced so obviously the behavior is not form OC, otherwise everybody or at least a good percent of the people with OC would be reporting this problem, not to mention that voltage settings can't go into an OS and uninstall or delete an app.

The OP problem for example is that the location of the file has changed for what ever reason, something oc can't do.

Edited by DST4ME - 28 Mar 2009 at 9:26pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 1:30pm
I advised you to not say it because what you are saying is like saying, every-time I adjust my rear sit in the car my alignment goes out. one has nothing to do with the other.

There can be a million reasons why this happened, next time you have a system that does that, let me know, then I/we will trouble shoot it and let you know the cause of the corruption. AS I explained to you I have seen it and had it happen to me with notepad and paint on a PC that could not even be oced, more importantly one has nothing to do with the other.

a quick search will show up many people missing notepad and paint and other apps not one is from OC, and each pretty much has a different reason for why they are missing.

I'm not trying to argue, I just want the readers to know this scenario and many others are not from OC, I'm not saying you did not experience what you experienced, I'm just pointing out that thats not how it works.

I respect you and you are right about many things, however on this particular one, I think there is more to look at before we blame the OC for apps disappearing, cause OC can't uninstall or delete anything.

Edited by DST4ME - 29 Mar 2009 at 2:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply