XtremeGear XG Xion 9000

Post Date: 2007-08-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JC View Drop Down
  Quote JC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: XtremeGear XG Xion 9000
    Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 12:30pm

I noticed in my Games for Windows magazine that XtremeGear is advertising the Xion 9000.  This system comes with a dual 8800GTX cards.  However, it seems that the power supply that comes standard will not support the cards.  Is this false advertisement?

Does anyone know anything about XtremeGear?

I'm thinking about buying a new pc and definitely leaning towards Digital Storm.  The forums are great here.

Thanks
silenceofthehams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote silenceofthehams Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 7:41pm
:O OMG..............

Umm... I might look at that because its cheaper..... its a really hard choice. I think i might go with that site even thought it has a very limited warrenty because i can fix computers (you'd have to with my piece of crap dell.)

Edited by Alex - 29 Aug 2007 at 12:40am
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 7:58pm
500W PSU "can" support SLI 8800 GTX but it isn't really reliable...

Edited by skyR - 28 Aug 2007 at 8:10pm
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
JC View Drop Down
  Quote JC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 8:16pm

When that time arrives I will go with digital storm.  I feel that they stand behind their products.  It is a tough decision but in the end I will spend a little more for (in my opinion) a higher quality product.

erommelus View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote erommelus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 11:46pm
Take a trip to pricewatch.com, read the reviews for cyberpower/XG. For cyberpower there is literally thousands of dissatisfied customers. XG is a little better, however 300 negative feedbacks out of every 1000 possible does not sound good. 

Of course it does not suprise me that both of those (cyberpower/XG) have received awards from well known magazines. Its just a repetitive cycle of you help me (pay for advertising) and I'll help you (award). Magazine awards mean nothing to me, since that could be their only quality controlled machine being sent in for competition. Meanwhile their typical customer builds are crap (going by REAL reviews here--missing wires, cards not installed correctly, OS not installed, displays with burnt out pixels, etc, etc, etc).... AND, if thats they way they ship it to you, do you really want to take on their 3 yr with "tech support"? LOL what a joke, I would not want that trash for any amount of time.

Prices are just the beginning. As you dig deeper into the arena of pc builders, you will find that quality of service/product, proficiency of staff, and customer service are the most important criteria for deciding on competitively priced machines. 

Edited by erommelus - 29 Aug 2007 at 12:36am
Groupie
Groupie

Quote silenceofthehams Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 12:08am
Wow they are also major assholes in the forum almost like a mindless robots.They prostituted themselves to Microsoft so they don't have souls :P.

____ Edit
fixed horrible sleep deprived spelling errors

What i mean by this is the don't even offer opinions and refuse to even help in the tiniest way with dual booting.

Edited by silenceofthehams - 29 Aug 2007 at 12:26am
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 12:10am
Microsoft is an awsome company imo.
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
erommelus View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote erommelus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 12:23am
Originally posted by silenceofthehams

Wow they are also major assholes in the forum almost like a mindless robots.They prostituted themselves to Microsoft so the dot have souls :P. 

You go into their "experiences" section and right away you find several bad ones in the few threads that are posted.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote silenceofthehams Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 12:28am
Yeah like the guy whose fan had a wire stuck in it and the guy with a failing graphics card. 
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 12:39am
Anyone selling a 8800GTX SLI setup with a 500W power supply is asking for trouble.

We are NVIDIA SLI Certified, that mean's NVIDIA rep's have seen our testing facility, our testing procedures, and our configurations. They feel confident behind how we build our high end setup's (Example: 8800GTX in SLI) with a 750W+ power supply.

Also, XG only offers a limited 1 Year Warranty plan, when Digital Storm offer's a part's and labor 3 Year Warranty plan. We are very confident about the machines we ship from our facility that we have no problem covering them with a 3 year warranty as a standard.

XG offer's a 30 Day Money Back on the invoice date, however, Digital Storm offer's a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee that start's on the day you actually receive your computer.

Check out the forums, look at our collection of happy customers. We might be a little more in "cost" based to XG, but, that premium your paying is for technical support from our in-house tech's; for our 72-hour stress test; and most importantly, our customer service.

Give us a call and you will instantly see the difference. Welcome to the company you can call, describe a problem, and we know the answer without having to guess or make you go through unnecessary hassles. Digital Storm is one of the few companies that will ship  you a replacement component first, without waiting for the bad component to come first. We want our customers to have the very least down time.

Originally posted by JC

I noticed in my Games for Windows magazine that XtremeGear is advertising the Xion 9000.  This system comes with a dual 8800GTX cards.  However, it seems that the power supply that comes standard will not support the cards.  Is this false advertisement?

Does anyone know anything about XtremeGear?

I'm thinking about buying a new pc and definitely leaning towards Digital Storm.  The forums are great here.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply