FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yamakasi catleap

Post Date: 2012-11-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
44cmitchell View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 44cmitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Yamakasi catleap
    Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:28pm
I could really use a hand from you guys, I really want a 2560x1440 monitor, and this actually fits my budget, i don't mind the potential of a dead pixel or two. But is purchasing one from korea really a good idea? Is this monitor going to work for gaming, I'm worried about display lag.

I'm running the x15e with a gtx 675m and a 3820Qm i7 processor
voidofmeaning View Drop Down

Quote voidofmeaning Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 1:22am
I looked up the stats of your graphics card and computer; you should be able to connect and run the monitor. I don't know about your setup handling overclocked refresh rates at that resolution, though. By the way, which Catleap model are you talking about? There are even several different versions of the Q270.

I've read people posting good experiences buying Catleaps from Korea / eBay and gaming on them. YouTube also has some Catleap gaming examples which you can judge for yourself. You'd just have to be ready to handle things like the Korean power plug and lack of support.
JerryW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JerryW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 10:30am
 Doing some reading myself.  The monitor picture quality seem to get a positive review.  Some people have been buying replacement stands because of the poor quality.  Supposedly you can spend more money to have someone inspect it for dead pixels.

If $300 is all your spending limit and willing to gamble and take the risk then there is not much any other choice.

If it were me I would just wait and save my money and get something like this ASUS PB278Q . It comes with everything you need out of the box.

Edited by JerryW - 20 Nov 2012 at 7:33pm

Quote 44cmitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 11:40am
I wish I could buy a trusted brand but I don't have the money being a poor college student haha. I see that the monitor really runs with an lg panel so that makes me feel a little better about it. I'm expecting one or two dead pixels, I'm just assuming with 3.8 million that I won't be able to notice it much.

Out of curiosity, do you see a really amazing difference between 1080 and 1440p?
JerryW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JerryW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by 44cmitchell

Out of curiosity, do you see a really amazing difference between 1080 and 1440p?

When I first got my 30" monitor, I would get motion sickness and would have to stop what I was doing.  I got use to it after a while.

Edited by JerryW - 20 Nov 2012 at 12:10pm

Quote 44cmitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 12:14pm
That is exactly what I want hahah.
I'm gonna take the risk. Wish me luck, I'll post on my results.

Quote 44cmitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 12:04pm
Everyone who is interested in this monitor. Buy from BCC (Bigclothcraft) on ebay. he is a great seller. I had issues getting mine to work and we eventually got it down to the power cord being messed up. he was extremely helpful with the trouble shoot and then reimbursed me when I had to go buy a new cord.

The monitor looks amazing. and for 340 dollars you will never beat it. Pixel perfect and no screen bleeding.
 Post Reply Post Reply