FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Gaming Keyboards of Choice?

Post Date: 2010-07-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gpaint View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Your Gaming Keyboards of Choice?
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 12:17am
Hey guys, I am still debating over what keyboard to get...they all seem so CHEAP or needlessly expensive *cough* G19 logitech....

Anyone have personal suggestions? I have had laptops for years so I have no first hand experience with good or bad ones.

1. not cheap plastic material
2. not "corny" like some gaming edition (warcraft) styling
3. backlit if possible.

Intel i7 930 @4.27GHz
EVGA x58 FTW3
Hailstorm - 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
Dual Nvidia GTX 480 1.5GB
Corsair GT Force SSD (180GB) - Western Digital 1TB (64MB)
Full Sub Zero Cooling
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 12:59am
I'm rather partial to the Logitech G110, though the LED key lighting could be brighter, can't see it at a big angle.

But at $65 it probably falls into that 'needlessly expensive' category. Sometimes you can find it on sale for cheaper though.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 1:37am
I have a logitech G11 and i like it. i was thinking of getting a new keyboard once i buy my DS rig, but i'm torn as what to get. fortunately i won't be buying my new PC till february so i have plenty of time :)
Gpaint View Drop Down

Quote Gpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 2:10am
Ill check that one out Dragoonseal. 65.00 isn't bad to me. I would consider bad when its getting above 100.00 though 80.00 seems like a good range for me. I went to Best Buy while on lunch at work and it felt like plastic land in the keyboard isle. Every Microsoft board was a major turn off and their gaming selection was poor as I expected. There was a Razor keyboard in the 80.00 range but the material looks like it wouldn't last a year well with heavy use. I really like this mechanical keyboard by SteelSeries, the 7G, but that price seems way too high. However it does seem to offer the performance I want as well as maintain a nice clean professional look but...that price...I don't know if I could look the other way on that one...
Intel i7 930 @4.27GHz
EVGA x58 FTW3
Full Sub Zero Cooling
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 8:41am
ill tell you from personal expierence, i have bought and tried the g15 and the lycosa, which are supposed to be gaming staples, and both of them sucked, in my personal opinion. cheaply made and felt weak to say the least
the g15 sticks at 5 keys! rediculous if you play FPS

i have reccomended this keyboard to a lot of people who felt the same way about gaming keyboards as me

the bad thing is that the keyboard is so old that it is increasingly hard to find, i started using it in like 2000, rebought it in about 2006 and have been in love with it every day. great layout (i use arrow keys) simple, no gimmick design. very comfortable and quiet, easy to take apart and clean which can make it last a very long time.

i actually have the white/deep blue version which is even older, it would be hard to find that version but i guess what im trying to get across here is to avoid the idea of a "gaming" keyboard all together, just get a "normal" one that is laid out the way you like

if you are into macros at all, check out the roccat valo
i use this company's mouse (kone) and headphones (kave) and would endorse them over any gaming line no matter what, jaw dropping quality and perfection. one of the few that can look good and perform amazing. the valo is a little macro-crazy, but it will likely be what i get when my elite finally dies. roccat products can be a little hard to find in the us but you can get most of thier stuff at performance pcs

there is a big movement though for people using mechanical keyboards, which i havent personally tried, but it may be worth looking into with how often i see it come up
ijason View Drop Down

Quote ijason Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:02am
"Gaming" keyboards are nothing more then a gimmick. Take a look at the G19, your paying $200 for a keyboard that uses the same components (rubber domes) as logitechs $20 keyboards. So they include a small LCD, that is pretty much useless. Macro buttons? The only game where you might need macros is WoW, and that game allows you to map macros to any key on your keyboard as it is.

Razer, Roccat, they all really are a waste of money. The only nice "gaming" keyboard is the Steelseries 7G, mechanical board, uses black cherries.

If you want a nice keyboard for gaming and just general use, look into a mechanical keyboard.

http://elitekeyboards.com/

Filco keyboards will wipe the floor with any logitech/razer/roccat/etc.

Good article to educate yourself better on keyboards:
http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

There are many diff mechanical switches available, in general if your a heavy gamer, go with the cherry black switch, offers linear force key press, that takes the most force to press down. You won't accidentally trigger a cherry black key.

If your looking for a mix of gaming/general typing, go for a cherry blue. Although, those are a bit on the noisy side, as when their mechanical switch actuates, it sounds off a click sound.

If your interested in a quiet, light touch switch, go for a cherry brown.

At the end of the day though, any of these would be far superior then throwing ~$100 at your basic rubber dome "gaming" keyboards, with flashy lights and other gimmicks.

If your going to buy a logitech/razer, might as well just buy some basic keyboard for ~$30 tops, cause you'll be getting essentially the same thing.

Also, great forums for further information on this subject:
http://geekhack.org/

Edited by ijason - 08 Jul 2010 at 9:08am
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Dragoonseal

I'm rather partial to the Logitech G110, though the LED key lighting could be brighter, can't see it at a big angle.

But at $65 it probably falls into that 'needlessly expensive' category. Sometimes you can find it on sale for cheaper though.

I prefer the G110 too. I previously owned a Razer Tarantula, man, geez, IMO it really wasn't as sensitive as I needed it to be. Had to be pressing the keys down allll the dang way for it to respond, like how that article about mechanical keyboards describes common keyboards. The G110 for me, though, I can press the key down at least over half way, but not all the way, and it'll still respond.The G110 I like now because it's just a no frills gaming keyboard, sensitive, backlit, maybe a few gaming buttons, done.  Some complain that it's a bit plasticky, and it sorta is, but it really doesn't bother me at all.

Edited by ablahblah - 08 Jul 2010 at 12:41pm
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
Gpaint View Drop Down

Quote Gpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 12:56pm
Great info ijason! It's interesting hearing about the type of switches because my biggest bet peeve is barely touching a key and it registers...and I am already a bad enough typist as it is. Filco's look good, they have some affordability as well.

That logitech elite looks good too though for the price.
Intel i7 930 @4.27GHz
EVGA x58 FTW3
Full Sub Zero Cooling
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 1:08pm
without getting into a big thing about it ijasn, its not very constructive to just run on and on about the brand you like and how its so amazing and so much better.
everyone has preferences, and there will never be a day when any part, design, idea, color, or size will be perfect for anyone, let alone everyone
So saying that any brand is going to wipe the floor is both comical and pointless, Further than that, adding that there is a way to "educate" anyone on what makes a good keyboard is even more rediculous, i assure you that there are gamers out there that will bring you down no matter how good your equipment is, and no matter how bad thiers is.
of course there are certain issues that matter, such as the g15 not taking more than 5 keypresses at a time, that to me is garbage, but that only applies to small sections of the field, its likely that someone who doesnt play fps would even notice that.
lots of people macro the crap out of everything they do, games and other programs alike, its definitely not limited to just one game. i dont use macros at all, which is why i dont already have that roccat keyboard, so the same facts apply. its probably "better" than my $40 11 year old keyboard in any quantifiable way, but mine does exactly what i need it to with no hassle, ever, and looks good in the process. it doesnt get more perfect than that.
ijason View Drop Down

Quote ijason Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 3:47pm
What is comical and pointless is your hypocritical response.

Your telling me not to run on and on about a brand I like? You just clearly talked up your logitech elite and went on a rant about how you would endorse Roccat gaming peripherals "no matter what." haha I mean take a look at what you wrote:

"if you are into macros at all, check out the roccat valo
i use this company's mouse (kone) and headphones (kave) and would endorse them over any gaming line no matter what, jaw dropping quality and perfection. one of the few that can look good and perform amazing. the valo is a little macro-crazy, but it will likely be what i get when my elite finally dies. roccat products can be a little hard to find in the us but you can get most of thier stuff at performance pcs"

Then you have the audacity to tell me, that going on and on about a keyboard company I like is comical and pointless. After you just put out something like that! Are you kidding me! I mean come on, sounds like Roccat paid you to post that sh*t up. I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but Roccat stuff is garbage. "Jaw dropping quality and perfection!" lmao Your to much man.

"So saying that any brand is going to wipe the floor is both comical and pointless"

So what is your stand on Digital Storm vs Dell? hahaha Would you honestly tell me that a DS system doesn't wipe the floor with a Dell system? ;)

There is nothing ridiculous about doing research on things before you buy into it. No matter what it is.

Also, if you actually read my post, I wasn't going on and on over a single brand. I mentioned Steelseries 7G was a good keyboard, I did mention Filco, but I was directing Gpaint to information on mechanical keyboards as a whole.

Whenever you are interested in buying anything, you should do your research, so you know exactly what your buying into. Thats all I'm trying to get across. If you see it fit to spend $100 for a keyboard with $20 components but offers a disco show. Then thats your choice, however, at least you fully understand what your truly doing.

Also, nowhere in my post was I suggesting that mechanical keyboards would make you "own." Yes, someone with more skill in a game will likely beat you with any keyboard. My whole point was buying into quality for around the same amount of money. A lot of people aren't aware of the fact that $80 Razer keyboards and even $200 Logitech keyboards, use the same guts as your basic $20 ones. So I was merely suggesting, hey if your looking into spending around $100, take a look at this, you could buy into a much higher quality keyboard for that price.

Its like explaining how someone should research buying a computer like Digital Storm, vs just ending up buying a Dell. Some people have your attitude and just don't care, or find it ridiculous. Then they end up buying into commercial marketing hype. And thats fine, but don't attack people like me, I'm just getting information out there. You know that person who ends up buying a Dell, it could last them for years. Does that mean they made a good decision and got the most for their money? Not by a long-shot.

This just in people! All electronics/cars/brands/clothing are all created equal! Well except for Roccat stuff! Now thats quality above all! No need to compare anything anymore. Thanks to ender(aka Mr. Roccat) for shedding the light.

Edited by ijason - 08 Jul 2010 at 4:11pm
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 4:29pm
holy tldr, sorry i dont have time to read your very thorough proof of how much more than me you know about "performance keyboards"-
i said "i can endorse" meaning that my personal opinion is. a phrase i used repeatedly in my post. never said anything about a product/brand beating another, just said i like the product i use and why, and other things i learned from personal exp.
unfortunately for you, when it comes to what someone likes to use, no amount of research makes an opinion wrong. so i'm sorry you spent so much time on that, but im not going to read it or argue on an opinion based topic, as that wouldn't help gpaint at all

only since you insist on attemping to use sarcasm, will i say that long shot isnt hypenated, only would be if you were trying to use it as an adjective, i dont even think that would be correct, since most multiple word adjectives are pseudo words anyway
Liq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Liq Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 4:51pm
 I just use a $40 Saitek Cyborg that's backlit red, and a Saitek Eclipse which is backlit blue. I've never had any problems with these keyboards at all. They are a great no nonsense, no frills keyboard.
Rsxtacee View Drop Down

Quote Rsxtacee Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:49am
Using my Daskeyboard. Loving it!
rholyrag View Drop Down

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 6:07am
I use a logitech g15 with all the pretty lights...lolBig%20Smile!
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Maximus from Gladiator
Natsu View Drop Down

Quote Natsu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 6:16am
Das Keyboard all the way.
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 11:06am
understand the unlabled, clicky IBM Das Keyboard I do not Whoa
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
ijason View Drop Down

Quote ijason Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by !ender_

holy tldr, sorry i dont have time to read your very thorough proof of how much more than me you know about "performance keyboards"-

I like your style! "Holy tldr" then you proceed to talk about my post, the same one you didn't read. I guess you have transcended the need to read, you just touched the screen and absorbed it, or something of the sort.

i said "i can endorse" meaning that my personal opinion is. a phrase i used repeatedly in my post. never said anything about a product/brand beating another, just said i like the product i use and why, and other things i learned from personal exp.

Yes, you stated, in your personal opinion, the Roccat products you have used, are of great quality and performance. May, I ask you to provide the test methods you used to come to that conclusion? From what I gather, you seem to think that all keyboards are essentially the same, they each can type, therefore, one keyboard can't be "better" then the other, it's just a matter of opinion. This is false, much like cars, they can all drive from A to B, doesn't make them equal. In this world, you can actually test things. I know, its wild!

unfortunately for you, when it comes to what someone likes to use, no amount of research makes an opinion wrong. so i'm sorry you spent so much time on that, but im not going to read it or argue on an opinion based topic, as that wouldn't help gpaint at all

It isn't about making someones opinion wrong. Like I initially pointed out, you missed the mark. Maybe you really haven't been fully reading posts. Might want to try that out before you decide to engage people on a forum. I was just getting information out, so Gpaint, could make a better choice, having more knowledge about keyboards.

I am fully aware that someone might choose to buy whatever keyboard suits them. If you decide hey, mechanical keyboard, whatever, not for me. I could careless, give me flashy lights and other fun stuff. Thats great, but atleast you understand what your buying into. You can present a turd and a diamond, some people might form opinions that the turd is better. Does it really matter? Nope, but the point is, for them to look at every option out there. Like showing someone a Dell and a PC from Digital Storm. Some people might look at it like, "I don't really care, its just a computer, I just want to go on facebook all day. They all can do that." So, in their opinion, Dell and DS, no difference, but the rest of us know otherwise.For their situation, sure the Dell would be fine. However, doesn't mean that the DS and Dell are equal and it's just a matter of opinion. There are ways to test PCs, and as well you take a look at the quality of the components that make it. This applies to keyboards and pretty much everything else out there.

only since you insist on attemping to use sarcasm, will i say that long shot isnt hypenated, only would be if you were trying to use it as an adjective, i dont even think that would be correct, since most multiple word adjectives are pseudo words anyway

I appreciate you proof reading a post of mine, that you supposedly didn't even read! Fantastic, I'll make sure to make note of that. Long shot, not Long-shot. Got it!

The sad part here is, I supplied a really great source of keyboard information in this link:
http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

I realize you have a tough time making it through simple forum posts, however, it really is a good read. In the same fashion that you support DS computers, and have PC knowledge overall, it shocks me how ignorant you choose to be towards keyboards.

Point here is, yes, some keyboards are better then others.(proven through testing and the quality of the components they are made of) However, you can choose what best fits you, and your budget. Just here to put out some information. There is nothing wrong with spending around $50 on a "gaming" keyboard. However, once your looking around the $100 price point, you do have alternatives to the everyday cheaply made keyboards.

If you pick up anything from this, the goal here is to research into whatever you buy, then make your decision. Don't take the ender approach to things. He seems to pick and choose what is important enough for him to look up. If your going to be spending money on something, then its important enough to do some research.

Edited by ijason - 10 Jul 2010 at 12:23pm
Ninjastryk View Drop Down

Quote Ninjastryk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 12:48pm
I would just like to say that I love my G19. I had the money to blow on it so I did not mind. I needed the LCD to monitor CPU/GPU utilizations and CPU/GPU temps while using my monitor for other computers. I am aware of all the great keyboard info over at www.overclock.net (I am a member and they are the team whom I fold for). Are there better keyboards than a G19? LOTS. Do I love my G19? YES. And I use the macro keys frequently and no I do not play WoW.
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 1:25pm
well, you cant use macros if you dont play wow, we were already taught that ninja, GEEZ

who is this guy?
the only thing ive seen out of him are caustic arrogant rants, pretty much nothing contructive lol... hes cracking me up. another member of the old internet fad of playing holier than thou to everyone instead of being inviting and informative. if anyone actually takes the time to read this far down in a "which keyboard" post that went this far off topic, they deserve to join in my amusement (see pictures below)... and if you take the time to go this far down and actually READ all of it, you deserve a free sig, so come on over and get one!

Edited by !ender_ - 10 Jul 2010 at 1:34pm
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:30pm
sigh...dammit, this is just like what happened with the AMD vs. Intel thing.

guy has a big ego and hates it when people step on his turf...(not u !ender, lol)

Edited by ablahblah - 10 Jul 2010 at 2:30pm
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:42pm

yea i saw that actually.

oh well, nothing we can do about it, these forums are good becuase we dont exclude anyone for any reason. becuase of that we will always have some personalities that do not mesh well, just like i dont always agree with the views of dragoon and dst, but those discussions typically end with me learning a few things and hopefully whoever the original poster some points to learn from both sides (as the conversations are ususally how to spend the last 200-300 bucks)
ijason View Drop Down

Quote ijason Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 12:26pm

who is this guy?

I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am... Darkwing Duck!

and if you take the time to go this far down and actually READ all of it, you deserve a free sig, so come on over and get one!

Does this apply to those involved? Or just those reading? No sig for you though! Unless you went back and actually read the posts... in that case might want to edit out your tl;dr. =)

I wouldn't say I have a big ego, was merely defending my point of view. I now see, how to properly be constructive around here. Post up my opinions, act like a hypocrite, and finally use funny images.

BTW if Ender has saved you a couple hundred on your PC purchase, goto Roccats website and order every product they offer. I mean, have you seen how cool their stuff is! Trust him, its really high quality stuff! It has lights that glow blue, bro! I mean come on, and if you don't like blue, you can even change the color!

Macros? No problem! Roccat Valo, the thing has so many macro buttons, you'll forget what button does what! Its that good. Did, I mention the super useful LCD screen on the top right that does a bunch of stuff but the main show here is, it also glows blue!

Roccat, the choice of champions.

I will say, thanks for the laughs. I can imagine you sitting in front of your PC. Everything is glowing blue (or some other color cause you got options). Whatever you need, Roccat has got you covered, forget audiophile headphones, mechanical keyboards, and a quality mouse. Everything essentially does the same thing baby!

Honestly, that stuff does have its uses. It could light up a night club. All we need is the dance music as we rave around your room. People have PC peripherals all wrong!

Anyone WTB Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s? I'm going to go pick myself up some true quality Roccat headphones.

Edited by ijason - 11 Jul 2010 at 12:57pm
Fearnot View Drop Down

Quote Fearnot Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 3:22pm

ill tell you from personal expierence, i have bought and tried the g15 and the lycosa, which are supposed to be gaming staples, and both of them sucked, in my personal opinion. cheaply made and felt weak to say the least
the g15 sticks at 5 keys! rediculous if you play FPS

i have reccomended this keyboard to a lot of people who felt the same way about gaming keyboards as me

but i guess what im trying to get across here is to avoid the idea of a "gaming" keyboard all together, just get a "normal" one that is laid out the way you like

if you are into macros at all, check out the roccat valo

First thing is first, you have to decide what games your going to be playing... that is what you should base your choice off of...

You think an FPS players is going to need a keyboard that can have or be turned into a macro station? (Lycosa specificly).

Further more, im interestead on your thoughts on why the Lycosa wasn't a good choice, preformanace wise, not because you found it cheaply made and felt weak. Since you could have been using the first model of the Lycosa Line.

The main thing about any keyboard is that its based off Personal Preference.
What you the user would find most comfortable, work with your tasks, do what you want it to. Don't get me wrong input from others is never a bad idea, but it doesn't help you much if your going to playing MMO's and the person giving advice plays FPS and is telling you not to get a programmable keyboard... 

There is a difference between a "Gaming Keyboard" and a "Normal Keyboard"
So I don't see why you would bother argueing that....
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 3:31pm
dammit...this is a suggestion thread. not a "what's the best of the best" thread. no one's right. nobody's wrong. it's just to get opinions. geeze. sensitive people.
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 3:42pm
ha i even made a point to say "in my opinion" several times and they just flip, its understandable though
when you are insecure in your own ideas, trying to convince others to agree with you helps you feel better. sadly i have a feeling that this thread will not die any time soon =/
at the very least, gpaint has a lot to read over and help his consideration. It would be funny to me if he already bought something and just avoided posting what he got to avoid being flamed lol
Gpaint View Drop Down

Quote Gpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 5:19pm
Well this thread certainly got interesting. I appreciate all the opinions on keyboards from each of you. I found choosing the keyboard the most difficult choice of everything ironically and in the end I decided not to go nearly as high in budget on the keyboard. I think going into a mechanical may be something for me in the future but for now I was guided by value and cost. I found a brand new Razer Lycosa that a friend of mine never opened and didn't return in time to get his money back. I gave him 50.00 for it. Based on all account 50.00 for the Lycosa is plenty good. The keys are rubberized which I love because it doesn't feel plasticy. The lighting is subtle, not obnoxious. Im happy with it. (From the research I did it appears this Lycosa is a revision from the original) Now if only I had a rig for it:) 

And for the record I don't think ANYONE here went to far on their opinions. The enthusiasm one has for a product is always a great indication of the companies success with their product. I am an intelligent person I can sort through ones bias and make an informed decision for myself. The opinions I get from the forum help as my intention was to hear what keyboards they choose and why.

Thanks everyone.
Intel i7 930 @4.27GHz
EVGA x58 FTW3
Full Sub Zero Cooling
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 6:57pm
glad to hear that worked out, even though i didnt like my lycosa, it sounds like you like about it what i didnt, a perfect tip of the hat to a difference in preference! Cool
cooganm View Drop Down

Quote cooganm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Natsu

Das Keyboard all the way.

I've been think of buying one for a long time now...  Worth it?
ijason View Drop Down

Quote ijason Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 6:03pm
Yeah, GPaint, glad you found something that works for you buddy. =)

$50 for a Lycosa, not to bad. I'm not to crazy about that keyboard. Not just because I am into mechanical keyboards. I just find the feel of it, to be similar to typing on a laptop, which I'm not a fan of.

I decided to mess with Ender a bit, see if I could get him to blow up. lol Looks like I lost a bet with a friend of mine. =( I can usually get people going, oh well.

At any rate, yeah there is some really solid information in the links of my first post up top. If you haven't heard of or ever got to try a mechanical keyboard, give one a shot. Might be surprised. =)
cooganm View Drop Down

Quote cooganm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 2:03pm
Thanks!  The sites were very helpful.  Now considering a Filco too!

Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply