Post Date: 2011-03-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
siggy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote siggy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Z68, Case, and PSU options
    Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 12:41am
Forgive me if this is not the right place to post the question, but I was wondering if DS was planning on any significant changes in the next month or so? There is some compelling "cake and eat it to" value proposition in the next SB chipset being released next month related to the iGPu and dGPU, especially when using some add on software to bridge the two. At the moment I am committed to getting a SB system, but I would prefer to have the full integration of native USB 3.0 on the front i/o (without eating up a bay and relying on a faceplate - many cases now support e.g. Thermaltake and Lian Li), as well as a modular PSU (my understanding is that the Corsair 1000W version you carry is not modular).

My question ultimately is, are these things on the roadmap for DS in the very near future, or should I assume what I currently see is what to expect for a while?

Also, it would be nice to be able to read the full specs or at least specific model numbers of the various components(the video cards and coolers seem to have it but not much else. I am an avid fan of Seasonic PSU's for example...but without specific model numbers it is impossible to know whats under the covers.

RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 12:46am
The corsair PSU they use is this one,

this one

as far as z68 goes the use is for a very niche market,read more about it here

here
siggy View Drop Down

Quote siggy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:58am
Not sure I follow the logic on the comment regarding niche market. I would think that every customer of a DS solution falls under this niche (e.g. performance hungry customers willing to pay a premium).

Also interested to hear from DS folks their position...
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 1:10pm
read the article and youll understand
 Post Reply Post Reply