Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zend View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Zend's New System
    Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 6:32am

Hi everyone, I am new to these forums just ordered my computer, I havent reseived it yet but couldnt wiat to say some things about Digital Storm
First off the team are awesome every question I ask I get a quick and easy answer that I can understand, the first time I even called Digital Storm I couldn't believe the kindness and honesty of the sales department I have been working with Gerardo and he is the best he literally try to talk me out of buying things letting me know I don't really need this or that, tells me I will just be wasting money I never had a company that didn't try to drain my bank account dry lol, I even called and talked to one of their tech's he did the same thing telling no really don't need that, I am shocked and owed
Digital Storm and its team are unreal I knew after the first time talking to Gerardo that it was the place for me I didn't look at any other sites to build me a computer I never experience shopping for tech or anything else so easy, its hard for me to even come up with words on my experience with them, I mean a company who is in it for the people to make them powerful computers and not worried about the bottom line is unheard of for me, I mean they really are out their to make an awesome computer for you and they are not worried on how much money they can get from you
I have been dealing with cancer for 6 years now and I know its going to win someday but that wasnt my problem I started seeing everything different, all I could start seeing was all the greed selfishness and everyone worrying about them self and not caring about others and you people might not under stand this but for me to find people and a company like this allowed me to see things in a better way that the world isn't like I was seeing it their is people and even companies who care and I want to thank them all for that .
I am sorry happy and pleased with them I am even having them build a computer for my brother
This is the specs for mine I know I went overboard and made Gerardo unhappy but he understands that it is something I had to do I also purchased 3 Asus/LED 27" 3D VG278H monitors and the stand to hold all 3 also a

logetech Z906 500 watts 5.1 Speakers to complete this awsome computer

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS Aventum
Processor: Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz (Turbo Mode up to 3.8GHz) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1500W Silverstone (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Recommended)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (240GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Neutron GTX Series) (SATA 6Gbps)
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Optical Drive 1: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs) (Slim Slot Loading Edition)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB (PhysX) (Classified Overclocked EVGA)
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional 5.1
Extreme Cooling: Digital Storm Aventum Cryo-TEC System for CPU and Liquid Cooling for Video Cards + Chipset
H20 Tube Color: Red Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Airflow: Digital Storm Aventum Automatic Response to Excess-Heat System (ARES)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm Aventum RGB LED Lighting System
Enhancements: Digital Storm Aventum Integrated Side Panel Display Module
CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro/Deluxe/Sabertooth Motherboard)
OS Boost: FREE: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Advanced Recovery Kit (40GB Hard Drive Partition of Image With OS & Drivers)
Extra Blue LED lights on bottom and also changing all the fans to 13 Red Aventum led Fans

My brother system is

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS HailStorm Edition
Processor: Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz (Turbo Mode up to 3.8GHz) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator DHX (High-Performance)
Power Supply: 1500W Silverstone (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Recommended)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (240GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Neutron GTX Series) (SATA 6Gbps)
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Optical Drive 1: ASUS Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs) (Model: BC-12B1ST)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB (PhysX) (Classified Overclocked EVGA)
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional 5.1
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 6: Sub-Zero LCS Dual Loop: CPU & Dual SLI/CrossFire Video Cards & Chipset
H20 Tube Color: Blue Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Blue) (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes)
Enhancements: Touch V12XT Aerocool Temperature Display & Fan Controller (Requires Chassis Airflow Upgrade)
LaserMark: Digital Storm LaserMark Service - Graphic (Plexiglass Acrylic Window)
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
OS Boost: FREE: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Advanced Recovery Kit (40GB Hard Drive Partition of Image With OS & Drivers)

I have a friend who is biulding me a system to exhoust the heat output of computer outside and I ordered a portable air conditioner 14000 btu that was made for computer rooms and 2 air purifiers that will clean the intire air in room 12 times per hour to keep dust out don't know if this is really overboard to keep the computer safe
I will post pics of the systems when they arrive maybe even a video when I surprise my brother with is new Digital Storm computer

Edited by zend - 30 Oct 2012 at 8:26am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:06am
You put together two awesome rigs.  Congrats.  Awesome

We love pics.  Drooling
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:28am
thank you bprat I really can't wiat to see my brother surprise when his come's I am going to make pretend they sent me the wrong computer plat it out like I am really upset and mad haha
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:44am
Originally posted by zend

thank you bprat I really can't wiat to see my brother surprise when his come's I am going to make pretend they sent me the wrong computer plat it out like I am really upset and mad haha

This is a fantastic idea Hahaha
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:55am
Hi zend,

Some good work putting together those two computers. Just for you information in regards to the Advanced Recovery Kit (40GB Hard Drive Partition of Image With OS & Drivers). If that drive fails you will lose that recovery information. I prefer the Win DVD option. However, if you copy that partition information to your other drive or an external back up drive then you will be OK.

Frank
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 10:05am
Glad to hear! Thank you for the kind words!
Orange7 View Drop Down

Quote Orange7 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 10:26am
Those are two beautiful PC's and a really nice story to hear. Congrats, and good luck.
DS xm15 Stage 4
i7-3820 (2.7GHz/3.7GHz)
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
GT 630, 1GB
240GB Intel 520
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:12am
Originally posted by FrankW

Hi zend,

Some good work putting together those two computers. Just for you information in regards to the Advanced Recovery Kit (40GB Hard Drive Partition of Image With OS & Drivers). If that drive fails you will lose that recovery information. I prefer the Win DVD option. However, if you copy that partition information to your other drive or an external back up drive then you will be OK.

Frank

I didn't see the Win DVD option do you know if I can get both, and I would like to thank for the help and what you siad this is very nice of you im starting to meet a lot of nice people here going to come on the forum alot and get to know you guys

zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Orange7

Those are two beautiful PC's and a really nice story to hear. Congrats, and good luck.
Thank you
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Alex

Glad to hear! Thank you for the kind words!

no thank you guys and I want to thank people in the forums for the nice things saying and what I siad I really mean Digital Storm and the people in the forum
are helping in ways thats hard to say
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:19am

[QUOTE=FrankW]Hi zend,

Frank

I didn't see the Win DVD option do you know if I can get both, and I would like to thank for the help and what you siad this is very nice of you im starting to meet a lot of nice people here going to come on the forum alot and get to know you guys

I do have a qeustion could use help on with the video cards and the cooling system I learned that not all waterblocks come with backplates I just emiled Digital Storm if mine do and that if not I would like them to order and put in my qeustion is am I wasting money on that is it good or bad to have on or not
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:23am
The forums are definitely very helpful and we're very proud and thankful for our great community.

The Win DVD is standard as it comes with the Windows disk, you'll always receive it with your purchase. It's Microsoft's bootup tools to help repair an installation.

In regards to backplates, we use them for various configurations that need them, there is no need to worry about this.
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:35am

The forums are definitely very helpful and we're very proud and thankful for our great community.

The Win DVD is standard as it comes with the Windows disk, you'll always receive it with your purchase. It's Microsoft's bootup tools to help repair an installation.

In regards to backplates, we use them for various configurations that need them, there is no need to worry about this.

thank you for the info i will send emial to gerardo and tell him to disregard  the last emial I sent him agian thanks
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:40am

hi

Edited by zend - 30 Oct 2012 at 12:57pm
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:41am

Im lasering this on my brother computer i really would like to know what you guys think its not coming out on this like it will when they laser it but its really the words do you think he will like if you where my brother and I put this on your computer sorry little worried want it to be perfect

Skip I know we argue a lot ( because you can be very critical, stubborn, mister know it all and a complete ass sometimes, LOL ) but no matter what, you always had my back and stood by me 100% even if you thought I was making a mistake, if I was hurting or in trouble you would drop everything and be their in a second. You where their for me when my 23 year marriage went to hell, you helped me with my cancer and illnesses, my depression, I don't believe I would be here if it was'nt for you. When all is said and done I believe you are the greatest brother I could have ever asked for, I hope you know I will always be their for you, their is no one in this universe that I care about more, I will always love you and wish only good things for you. This computer can never be enough for what you mean and have done for me but please enjoy it as a small payment to what I owe .

I hope it brings fun & good times for you, and sometimes you will think of me and smile.

From your brother JR

Skip's COMPUTER

Touch If you dare

P.S This mighty computer wouldn’t have been possible if it wasn’t for the great team at Digital Storm;

A special thanks to Gerardo

lol here so you can read it better

Skip I know we argue a lot ( because you can be very critical, stubborn, mister know it all and a complete ass sometimes, LOL ) but no matter what, you always had my back and stood by me 100% even if you thought I was making a mistake, if I was hurting or in trouble you would drop everything and be their in a second. You where their for me when my 23 year marriage went to hell, you helped me with my cancer and illnesses, my depression, I don't believe I would be here if it was'nt for you. When all is said and done I believe you are the greatest brother I could have ever asked for, I hope you know I will always be their for you, their is no one in this universe that I care about more, I will always love you and wish only good things for you. This computer can never be enough for what you mean and have done for me but please enjoy it as a small payment to what I owe .

I hope it brings fun & good times for you, and sometimes you will think of me and smile.

From your brother JR

Skip's COMPUTER

Touch If you dare

P.S This mighty computer wouldn’t have been possible if it wasn’t for the great team at Digital Storm;

A special thanks to Gerardo

ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:07pm
Thats alot to laser on a computer.
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by ArkansasWoman777

Thats alot to laser on a computer.

everything is smaller could not get it to go right on this and the computer is huge if im remembering right 30x26x10
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:58pm
I think once all the formatting and stuff is done, to convert it over to a laser etching, that is going to be really cool. I think I'd probably keep the case long after the computer stopped functioning. Big%20Smile
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

I think once all the formatting and stuff is done, to convert it over to a laser etching, that is going to be really cool. I think I'd probably keep the case long after the computer stopped functioning. Big%20Smile
thank you thats what im trying for I want him to always keep it
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 2:06pm
It's really nice what you're doing.    A keepsake for sure.   

Your brother is lucky to have you and obviously vice versa.

Keep us updated.       
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 2:11pm
here is the way it should look like uploads/9234/Skip6.pdf
surf71zx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote surf71zx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 5:32pm
zend , dont forget to upgrade your circuit breaker box in your house to carry the extra amps you will be drawing.Upgrade your wall plugs also. Did Digital Storm warn you about this power drain? It will fry your circuit breakers.
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by surf71zx

zend , dont forget to upgrade your circuit breaker box in your house to carry the extra amps you will be drawing.Upgrade your wall plugs also. Did Digital Storm warn you about this power drain? It will fry your circuit breakers.

what power drian?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:35pm
The Cryo-TEC system uses it's own power supply. Basically you need to make sure your outlet provides enough power, we recommend having the system on it's own circuit, you'll want at least 15AMPs to ensure proper operation.
surf71zx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote surf71zx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:16pm
I see by your builds both power supplies are 1500 watt.The Cryo-Tec has a second power supply, mines 800 watt.If you hook up both computers up in the same room, 3 power supplies, disaster waiting to happen. I would call a electrician out and tell him what your going to hook up. He will advise you on your particular needs for your house. Newer homes can carry more amps than older homes.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:30pm

The Cryo-TEC system uses it's own power supply. Basically you need to make sure your outlet provides enough power, we recommend having the system on it's own circuit, you'll want at least 15AMPs to ensure proper operation.

Alex, do you not require customers to sign the consent form in regards to this any longer?
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 9:04pm
It looks good
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by bprat22

It's really nice what you're doing.    A keepsake for sure.   

Your brother is lucky to have you and obviously vice versa.

Keep us updated.       
thanks what you siad is very nice
and me and my brother are very lucky to have each other I don't know how my life would have turned out with out him
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 9:15pm
I made a room in the basement the circiuts for down here is 30 ampsI have 3 areas down here to plug into that are all seperate circiuts
I allready talked to my brother about my computer and the power it needs he is a electrician and works on biulding new homes and told me I will have no problems and I did sign the statement but the way people are saying thought it was going to be more the paper says only 10 amps to watch for also with kemo and meds I forget things if I don't concentrate on something for awhile I remember reading but forgot it siad 10 amps lol mt brother will set everything up for me since I can not
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Alex, do you not require customers to sign the consent form in regards to this any longer?

Yes, it is normally sent to all Cryo-TEC builds.
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 2:33pm
Hey guys Ya im worried they might be having problems with the etching going by emial monday I would have thought it should be shipped out today and gerardo siad he would emial me a pic before they pack it havnt gotten any emials on whats hapeening I really hope they can do it
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 2:55pm
have a weustion did I make a mistake in not taking the six core cpu I will only be doing heavy gaming but notice people going with the six core I went with the 4 core
also I don't think its to late I did get 3 27" asus 3D monitors is 2 video cards good enough or should I get a 3rd so each monitor has it's own card if you guys can aswer these qeustions for me it might not be to late to change it I mostly play multi online games Everqeust and star war but I do play alot of other types and I plan on doing the flight simulator games
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:19pm
caver and myself responded in your other posting.

It can be alot of work and research to buld the ultimate build.    You are well on your way.    
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 10:45am
Alex
what you think should I put in the third video card so I dont regret it in the future
im trying to think 5 years ahead
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 10:47am
Alex
any other advice I want tthe greatest gaming machine you have ever biult im looking into the future this will probly be the last and only greatest thing I will ever have
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>