zends beast has arrived need help

Post Date: 2012-12-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zend View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: zends beast has arrived need help
    Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:20am
I need help I can not get the side panels off the aventum case also it came every screw seems loose and 2 of them seem strip can some explain how to get these off
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Memory:16GB DDR3 2400MHz DominatorPlatinum
3xSLI Triple GTX680 4GB Includes PhysX
Cryo-TEC System CPU and Liquid Cooling Video Cards+Chipset
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:47am
Hi zend...   Until an Aventum owner comes by or Alex shows up, see if the side panels are push-to-release.  Gentle push in top two corners and see if it releases. 

I'm just guessing so hope that's it. 
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 8:09am
thier is no buttons it looks like it should just slide open niether end will its like they are glued on im worried becouse on the left corner it sticks out it isnt flushed so i dont no if something is jamming it and another wierd thing i can see inside i wire that isnt connected or protected it looks like if you touch it you will get ahocked but untill i get the sides off i cant inspect it
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 8:24am
There would be No buttons visible.  If it is push to release, then just push in the top edge of the panel itself while supporting it from the other side and see if it releases. 
Keep in mind, I'm only guessing. 

Edited by bprat22 - 11 Dec 2012 at 8:25am
MarkNY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MarkNY Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:14am
Use a crowbar...
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:23am
@zend,

There should not be any loose screws or stripped? Can you email me the photos so I can help with this: [email protected]

With the photos, I can show you where to pull to remove the side panel. There is no latch, you simply remove the screws from the back and pull it by using the vents or other airflow slots for grip on your fingers.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Alex

@zend,

. There is no latch, you simply remove the screws from the back and pull it by using the vents or other airflow slots for grip on your fingers.

Sorry zend, I gave it a shot.  Now I know.   Let DS help ya with this.  Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 11 Dec 2012 at 10:42am
MarkNY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MarkNY Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:52am
Did you get it open? Post some pics! We want to see the beast! (does this sound dirty to anyone else?)
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:56am
I would like to see pics to...
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
joguco2012 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote joguco2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 11:22am
Hope you can post some pics to see your gaming rig.

Cheers
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 11:58am
Yes we all are. He wants to wait until his brother comes first.
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 12:01pm
hi guys yes I finally got the sides off they where just stuck i need until tomorrow for pics that when my new camera will be delivered im trying right now to set computer up and waiting to hear from byan I think they forgot to load a box things are missing will give you guys all updates a little later when i can figure this all out does anyone know what the bios setup name is i think mine got pushed and set back to defaults
can tell you this much it is realy cool and sharp looking I did have one fan inside fall out when I took the back side plate off must of came loose during shipping I just scred it back in was surprised that the coolent is cleared thought it would be red or blue I dont have a black light in here yet to make it glow

Edited by zend - 11 Dec 2012 at 12:40pm
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:29pm
Sounds good. Fluid is always clear now, we use colored tubing, this helps prevent and reduce gunk buildup from dyes in the fluid.
tju76 View Drop Down

Quote tju76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 5:40pm
Why only a 4.6 ghz oc if you are spending 1500 on the cryotech cooling?
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 5:49pm
you have to ask Alex that I told them to bump it up as much as possible and be stable they say thats as high as it can go I dont no much about this stuff I was surprised to that it didnt get to the max at stage 2 overclocking
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 6:00pm
There is a limit to how much a CPU can be overclocked no matter how cold or cool it runs. Especially with Intel's latest CPUs. Sandy Bridge was a different story, the Intel 3rd General CPUs do not overclock as high, and if they do, they are unstable.

The reasons for a Cryo-TEC system is mainly to get the best CPU temps, not only the fatest overclock possible.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote joguco2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 6:59pm
I support Alex comment, my PC is a Hailstorm and has the stage 4 Liquid cooling H20 it contains a CPU i7 3930k overclocked at 4.6 GHZ. Temps are Idle 48 C and at load they get max 63C this means 100% Cpu Load.
You need to maintain the life of the cpu. Low temps doesnt mean that you can overclock more your cpu. Voltage is the key also. You dont want to exceed your voltages because you will end up killing your cpu or reducing your cpu life.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:25pm
Exactly.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote joguco2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:44pm
Awesome
tju76 View Drop Down

Quote tju76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 7:56pm
My point is if you are spending 2000 on cryotech and as sandybridge oc better then ivy bridge I would expect a higher oc. My experience with ds and their oc options is its not worth it, I have yet to see someone on the forums with an oc above 4.6. My thought is ds loads the same oc settings on all builds either a stage 1 or stage 2 oc settings. Instead of taking time to customize the oc or get the best possible oc my system arrived to me with a 4.4 ghz oc on insanly high voltage and spending 15min of my own time on it I lowered my temps by like 20 and raised the oc to 4.6ghz, if you make custom systems why not a custom oc, correct me if I am wrong as I am interested in the process that is a ds overclock
Groupie
Groupie

Quote joguco2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 8:15pm
I understand what you're saying. I was just saying that 3930k max safe voltage is 1.4Vcore and with that you get a 4.6 - 4.8 GHz Cpu Clock . If you go to 1.5Vcore voltage you can get high temps and you may damage the cpu. I prefer to stay safe than risk to reduce the CPU life. VCCSA it is also important. My settings on the Bios are 1.4 VCore and 1.2 VCCSA. Dont really know why DS overclocks to 4.6 GHz max, may be because they want to be on the safe side and give the cpu an extense lifespan.
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 8:59pm
I really no nothing about this stuff so im telling you now im not complaining but I do have a qeustion like they said never seen past 4.6 its but I thought with the cryo-tech it keeps it below zero so if you increase voltage how is it heating up the cpu when the cryo-tch is keeping it so cool you still would think with it it should be higher if its the same as watercooled why get the cryo-tch like i did my brothers is running at same speed but cost less money again not complaining at all just dont understand all this im lost one keeping at zero yet only can be set as regular systems sorry alex im really dont carte at least i can say my system is at zero but even you have to admit when you advertise the cryo-tech thats its selling point it keeps below zero so you can crank the jiucew up you guys words not mine hahaha

but i wouldnt change it i love my rigg and i love i got the flag ship but like i said i just dont understand it at all but i had to be fair and ask the same thing
but i will never buy a person the cryo-tech will just always get for me

will have the pics up tomorrow sometime

qeustion every time i turn on the computer it says cpu fan fault hit f1 to go to bios then i do and just exit say dont save changes and it will load up but have to do everythime i turn on going to call tech suport but was woundering if any you guys now whats wrong

oh and my temps are sweet cpu stays at -6 so i get to brag to people about that haha oh and the lighting in this thing is great i mean the lights are bright it so sweet the only thing i miss is not having the top 3 fans red

oh and alex im installing the sighned eventum sign in the computer taking the other out

and guys if i ever sound negitive i am not trying like i said due to the cancer I dont remember anything how computers work anymore thats why i will always ask so i can understand whats going on in my rigg
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:00pm
one more qeustion never got an asnwer i ordered another SSD the same as i have so i can run my main game on one and others on the other how can i transfer the bsackup on the hard drive to the new SSD
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
tju76 View Drop Down

Quote tju76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:20pm
Haha I would never pay 2k for bragging rights saying that my cpu is below zero I would use that money for multi monitor setups etc stuff that will improve my experience lowering the temp that much makes sense when you are going for insane oc records like professionals that use liquid nitrogen other then that it is just a waste of money for consumers and a way for a business to make money off the uneducated lol no offense to ds. If I was getting a 5.2 ghz oc then that would be another story and I might think about it
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:44pm
I rather not get into a big topic over this, and I don't want this thread to go into a different direction, we simply do not want to use too much voltage on the CPU to cause it to burn out in less than a year. Even if a CPU is still cold, when you run a lot of juice into it, it will still cause damage.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:46pm
@zend, the CPU fan error is most likely due to the BIOS reset button being pressed while you were unpacking the system. You'll need to load the BIOS profile.

Our team can help you with this over the phone.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:35am
Originally posted by tju76

Haha I would never pay 2k for bragging rights saying that my cpu is below zero I would use that money for multi monitor setups etc stuff that will improve my experience lowering the temp that much makes sense when you are going for insane oc records like professionals that use liquid nitrogen other then that it is just a waste of money for consumers and a way for a business to make money off the uneducated lol no offense to ds. If I was getting a 5.2 ghz oc then that would be another story and I might think about it

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Originally posted by zend

one more qeustion never got an asnwer i ordered another SSD the same as i have so i can run my main game on one and others on the other how can i transfer the bsackup on the hard drive to the new SSD

Zend, are you wanting to transfer everything from the Hard drive to your new SSD, or are you just wanting to move backups/saves for the games you are talking about?

Edited by Tidgxor - 12 Dec 2012 at 6:35am
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 7:41am
i want the new SSD to run as a seperate drive then the other one dont i need to load windows and any thing that is set up on the other SSD sorry told you guys i dont remember much haha

lol and Alex thats what I said was going to call DS just was checking with my brother forum buds and I did redo the bios Bryan told me how to reput the settings back in that you set up I even tried all the presets they all come up with the error PCU fan error so no matter whet the fault is in how the bios was set if I tell it to ignore the pcu fan it stops the error but I am not making changes like that untill one of the techs tell me to I did look and brother did thier is nothing plugged into that spot and if we disable it nothing turns off so thats probly the problem but again im no expert so I will wait till I talk to one of the tech's before making chamges to the bios your guys will get it fixed today I have trust in your team

pics real soon guys everything is a mess in my room right now still setting everything up will be up before friday sorry for the wait haven't been feeling very well lately

Edited by zend - 12 Dec 2012 at 8:46am
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 8:50am
sorry I have to say this again this rigg is the bomb it is beating all my expectations cant stop just looking at it it so cool looking minus it dosnt have red fans hahahaha and still cant bekieve the size of this beast its twice to 3 times anything I ever owened thanks Alex and DS I love this beast
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 9:30am
well I called tech support at 9am he said someone will call me between 9am and 5 pm so I will have to try again tomorrow will be at hospital most of the day for my treatments it should be a 5 min fix dont no why he didnt just help me then who can wait all day for a call no problem I can still get on the computer so no hurry I guess really I still love DS so lttle hichups like this dont matter to me
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 9:43am
You'll get a call today and relatively fairly quickly. Our team says that so we don't over promise and under deliver. You should be getting a call soon bud and we'll help you out with your BIOS settings!
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 9:51am
thanks Alex

Alex I do have a qeustion should the computer have come with the other plates to add more drives I just notice I cant add the other SSD I didnt get any trays or brackets to add anymore cards do i order these seperate from the case I see thier is room for more drives and i see a special looking bay on the top of the others but no tray or anything to put anything in thier need to know so I can order them never thought of it because most cases say how many bays it has and it comes with the trays but I know the eventum case is different so i dont know how that works but i do know i need to order them then from you because right now i cant put in the new SSD i bought
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 10:02am
Our team can help you with this, there aren't any trays that you need, the drives screw into a hard drive cage.
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 10:51am
well computer is fixed he had it fixed in like 2 min the tech guy is to cool very, very helpfull rvrything working with DS has been great keep it up DS you really are the best
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Groupie
Groupie

Quote joguco2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 11:31am
Is good to hear that DS has solved your problem.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>