ZOMG still in stage 1, 10 days already

Post Date: 2007-12-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Xrae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Xrae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: ZOMG still in stage 1, 10 days already
    Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 11:11pm
System Configuration:
Case: Digital Storm Twister ULTRA (Black Anodized Aluminum Finish)
Power Supply: 1200W Thermaltake (Triple SLI Compatible) (Silent Toughpower Edition)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme 3.00GHz (1333MHz FSB)
Motherboard: nVidia 680i Core 2 Quad (By: eVGA) (nForce 680i SLI) (A1 Revision)
Memory: 4GB DDR2 Corsair at 1066MHz Dominator (Dual Channel) (Extreme-Performance)
Floppy / Card: - No Thanks
Hard Drive 1: 74GB Western Digital Raptor (10K RPM) (8MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Hard Drive 2: 250GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Raid Option: - No Thanks
Hard Drive 3: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x)
Optical Drive 2: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x)
Network Card: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (nVidia GeForce 8800ULTRA 768MB (By: eVGA) (PCI-Express)
TV Tuner: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS (Up to 7.1 Channel) (Includes I/O Unit)
Physics Card: - No Thanks
Cooling: Air Cooled Stage 2 (Silent Artic Cooling Heat-sink (Copper Heatpipes)
Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition) (Cold Cathode Tubes)
Round Cables: Enhanced Interior Air Flow (Optical Drive & Floppy Cables (Black Edition)
User Manual: Personalized Platinum Digital Storm Binder (Includes Paperwork/Benchmarks/CDs
/Manuals)
Overclock Processor: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my processor
Overclock Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Overclock Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Tweak Windows: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Pre-Install Game: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: - No Thanks my keyboard comes with a mouse
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty
Support: Lifetime Toll-Free Platinum Care Technical Support
pgs8113 View Drop Down

Quote pgs8113 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 11:37pm
shouldn't take much longer, you won't be disappointed!
QX6850 Extreme 3.33 Ghz (OC)
nvidia 680i Core 2 Quad(A1)
2Gb Corsair Dominator 1066 Mhz
1x150 Gb Raptor (10k)
1x320 Gb WD
8800 Ultra 768 Mb
Zoom12 View Drop Down

Quote Zoom12 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 12:42am
Give me your four digit order number and I will personally look at what is going on with your system.
CougarX6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote CougarX6 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 1:15am
Mine just went into Stage 2 a couple days ago.... I ordered 12/4.
Xrae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Xrae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 2:56am
    I was about to order my pc from Flacon-NW, Voodoo pc, Dell, cyberpower, or  Ibuypower. I even ordered from cyberpower but canceled my order after one week and decided Digitalstorm at the end, because of what the customers been saying about the company, how satisfied they are, the quality of the computers they have been receiving, especially that the customer support is amazing, and that  DS really cares about the customers. I still recognize the DS computers at Blizzcon they were amazing !!

I  ordered my PC 12/17/07 today we are 12/29/07 and still in stage 1!! I was told it will be 5-10 business days in the email after I paid, unless something goes wrong. "Estimated Shipment Date: 5-10 business days (Mon-Fri) from 12/17/2007 (Note: This is only an estimation. If problems are encountered during testing, we may have to hold your order for a few more days to ensure you receive a rock-solid stable problem free system.

Last week I called and I was told that all my parts are in a basket and it's ready to be assembled. Next two days, I call again because I wanted to add some things to my ordered and was told  "we recommend not change anything in your order because it has been already assembled and just need to install the softwares and run the test". Since I haven't received any e-mail I decided to call on Monday this week, and found out that my order was still in stage one, and hasn't been assembled yet... I call again on Wednesday, and was told that my PC still in line because so many computers need to be assembled during the holidays.Thursday, Friday no emails, no calls...

I don't want to say I am disappointed yet...  For the amount of money I did put on this computer which is more than $5000, and what I have been receiving in return I am not satisfied with my order so far. Anyways my order# 5911

Regards

Edited by Xrae - 29 Dec 2007 at 3:18am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 3:58am

I am sorry about the delay. There are many things going on right now and we are trying our best to stay on track. Making changes on orders slows everything down in production as well. We do batch testing first, where your system gets built on a test bench to test for any bad hardware right off the bat. Then it gets put in line for final assembly.

There are a lot of things we do to a single order. Once again, sorry for the delays, we are just backed up with the Holidays, and it should iron out soon! We are moving to a new building as well this week, things should be fun. We are also hiring another individual to solely keep track of status updates, etc... Basically their job is to make sure orders are on track and customers are updated on delays, etc.

Thank you for waiting, you'll be happy in the end.
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 11:45am

Xrae, let me tell you that NO ONE waited longer than me! lol

I ordered mine on Nov 3 and did not get it until Dec 11.  There were issues with heat (now I know what heat is, my office heats up like a small kiln while gaming... this beast is a fire breathing dragon!).  Once the heat was resolved, and I had to change out the case and other upgrades, then they spent probably a week trying to figure out why it  STILL kept failing on testing.  In the end it was a mother board failure issue.

I know it don't make the wait eaiser, cause I was about to walk out in front of a speeding truck on the interstate cause I was so frustrated,  but I can tell you this:

When my system did arrive it was flawless and it runs like nothing I have ever seen.  All I had to do was install all my goodies and hardware and upcdate the sound and video drivers and it was off to the races.  Can you say FPS steadly over 160 while playing Counter Strike Source? !!!!

Just hang in there.... Send Private Messages to Alex, he will keep you up to date.
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
Qx6850 3.0 Ghz (stock speed)
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Thermoelectric Liquid Chilled
Windows 7,64b
pgs8113 View Drop Down

Quote pgs8113 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 12:20pm
Xrae, my comp didn't reach stage 2, I just called one day and was told it was ready to ship so hold on =)
QX6850 Extreme 3.33 Ghz (OC)
nvidia 680i Core 2 Quad(A1)
2Gb Corsair Dominator 1066 Mhz
1x150 Gb Raptor (10k)
1x320 Gb WD
8800 Ultra 768 Mb
Zoom12 View Drop Down

Quote Zoom12 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 1:57pm
We will get your system out to you xrae, hang tight and know that we are taking ultimate care in giving you the best bang for your buck and all the extras of being a digital storm customer. I refuse to send out a comp until it is perfect down to the mother board screws. Rest assured your computer is a top priority as well as your business with us and this extends to all our customers. I will keep you updated 5911, as to what is going on with your order as I am working at home and cannot see your system, however I will be going in tomorrow to help out with all the backorders we experienced from christmas.

Edited by MH - 29 Dec 2007 at 2:13pm
Xrae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Xrae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 2:43pm
Please if anyone from DS get this message, I need someone to call me !
Solo View Drop Down

Quote Solo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 4:28pm
They're busy til Jan second moving offices... or was that orifaces?
Xrae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Xrae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 12:45am

I really dont know what say... December 17 ---> Jan 5 and still waiting. I wanted to cancel my order, but they were going to charge me 15% out of $5017... I spoke with alex, he was really supportive, explained everything to me about the delays, but he said he will email me Thursday/friday regarding my pc, he promised that he will call me. No replys, no calls...  Why am I getting this service???? You guys should either refund me all my money, or give me a huge offer if you really care about me as a customer... Just show me  that you really apply Digital Storm operates by three words: performance, value, and support

Edited by Xrae - 06 Jan 2008 at 12:53am
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 8:00am
Hey, Xrae, I truely understand what you are going through.  My system took over a month to get to me!  And believe me, the "Stage" emails are never right.  Alex himself said the system is flawed and they are working to improve it.  Mine went to stage 2, then back to stage 1.... and then shipped with no stage up date.

I was as frustrated as you.  No, more so.  I was hopping mad.  But, Alex kept me grounded.  Send him some Private Messages from this site.  Call and ask for him.  Thats what I started doing and I got much better and up to date information.

I just want you to know that my system FINALLY did arrive and is crazy well built.  Their is no other company building custom rigs with such quality parts, believe me I have searched.  The only rigs that came close from one other high end builder was about 2 grand more expensive!

So, call and PM Alex.  And try to hang in there.  seriously.
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
CougarX6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote CougarX6 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Xrae

I really dont know what say... December 17 ---> Jan 5 and still waiting. I wanted to cancel my order, but they were going to charge me 15% out of $5017... I spoke with alex, he was really supportive, explained everything to me about the delays, but he said he will email me Thursday/friday regarding my pc, he promised that he will call me. No replys, no calls...  Why am I getting this service???? You guys should either refund me all my money, or give me a huge offer if you really care about me as a customer... Just show me  that you really apply Digital Storm operates by three words: performance, value, and support

I've been waiting since 12/4 and my system is nowhere near the specs on yours.  Your system is about 4x as expensive as mine.  Now I got no update without bugging them... but eventually was told a couple days ago that my system failed some testing and they don't know why.  Well the holidays are over, you've moved to your new building... enough with the "we'll do better now" and do better!  They have offered to upgrade my shipping... if and when my order ever ships.  That's nice.... but you know there's a problem with my system.... get it right!

I feel for ya Xrae.
Xrae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Xrae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 3:06pm
You guys say there was an error with your computers while they were testing them. When I call, i speak with kelly, he tells me my computer is getting ready to built up. I speak with alex, he tells me that my computer has been built up, and just need to be tested. There was nothing wrong with my computer for me to wait that long... You are telling me to call, and send e-mails... I payed $5000 and I am running to know what's going on with my computer... They even told me, you are calling everyday regarding your pc, sounded they were getting annoyed.  I know I am going to get a good computer, but I dont want the computer after 1 month when I was told 6-10 days ! I wanted this computer during the holidays to have fun.. University is starting in 5 days.... Again they really need to just refund my money or give me a huge offer, if they really care about me as a customer, and really do apply: Digital Storm operates by three words: performance, value, and support. We are obsessed with ensuring our customers receive the very best computer experience. everything we do is fueled with the obsession of quality and service.

Edited by Xrae - 06 Jan 2008 at 3:21pm
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 4:42pm
Xrae, I will agree with you that first, they really need to change the web-site and get rid of the "5-10" days thing.  These are very custom built and it just is not gonna happen, especially when the holidays are here. This gives people the idea that they should have the system in hand in less than two weeks.

Next, I agree that they need to tweek their comunication tremendously. I know that mine sat for a long time before I called them and found out that it was failing in testing.  Then, several upgrades and a week later or so, I called and found it was still failing.  They finally got it right and I arranged with Alex to get it shipped over night / business day.

I really believe that they are working hard to push the best product on the market out the door, but many factors are slowing them down.  Growing pains with in the company, huge demand and a lot of faulty parts and parts shortages are killing them.  Add that to the huge holiday crush and moving into a new facility and you have a recipie for Customer Service failures.

All I can tell you is that when I did finally receive my monster rig, it was well built, packaged and runs like nothing I have ever seen. I need to look at it this way, as well.  I did months of research before I went with DSO and plopped down as much as you have for my rig.

I could not find a system with even closely as quality parts anywhere for less than about 2 grand more!  And that other company had no forums, no customer service where you can call and get a live person that spoke english and their warranty was only 1 year total.

Everyone here can tell you that I was pulling my hair out waiting.  I also expected my rig in 2 weeks or so. I finally learned, as this is my first very high end build, you are going to have to expect a wait for this type of rig.  This is not Dell with piece workers in a plant slapping junk parts together on a massive assembely line.

I will tell you again.  Call and speak with Alex.  Or PM him.  Deal with him only and then you will get the facts every time.

I wish you luck, my fellow gamer.
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2008 at 4:59pm

Here, read this review I wrote of my experience, Xrae. It may give you some insight and lift your confidence that you picked the right company to build your rig:

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=1224

Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
Double_Tap View Drop Down

Quote Double_Tap Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 9:58am
I have been waiting for my build since Dec 12. Due to a memory shortage it has not left the gate. My suggestion to DS would be: Not to charge the system to the credit card until it is being assembled. I have already paid the $3000 credit card bill and the system is still vapor ware. Order 5883
syn View Drop Down

Quote syn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Double_Tap

I have been waiting for my build since Dec 12. Due to a memory shortage it has not left the gate. My suggestion to DS would be: Not to charge the system to the credit card until it is being assembled. I have already paid the $3000 credit card bill and the system is still vapor ware. Order 5883

I'm with you on the not being charged until it ships thing (every big company does this).

Paying interest on a thousand dollar plus purchase 30 days before you get it isn't fun.
Sillen View Drop Down

Quote Sillen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 1:45pm
*Cough*

Order: 5913
Date: 13 Dec 07
Stage: 1

CougarX6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote CougarX6 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by syn

Originally posted by Double_Tap

I'm with you on the not being charged until it ships thing (every big company does this).

Paying interest on a thousand dollar plus purchase 30 days before you get it isn't fun.

I absolutely agree with that too!  Been waiting myself since 12/4... hoping it finally ships today, unless it fails testing again.
Xrae View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Xrae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 3:56pm
I am totally with the idea not being charged until it ships. I wanted to cancel my order, but because I was about to get charged 15% out of $5000, I kept my order. It was really disapointing when I heard about that I am going to get charged 15% that's almost $800 (For what !!). I haven't seen one company that does this, I know they love to keep their customers but not this way...
Dell charged my card when I signed the same day receiving my computer, other companies when my order was shiped, and they put it on pending till you receive it. Even CYBERPOWER the most horrible company ever gave me a full refund when I canceled my order. 
Anyways my order is in stage 2, will see when I receive, I really hope everything will be perfect when I receive the computer.... 

Edited by Xrae - 08 Jan 2008 at 3:59pm
Akkim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Akkim Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 4:10pm
The reality is - to companies that don't have massive scale productivity, deal with quality out of the box components - buying the components is really kind of a "Commodity" market.

The price of the components can drop like a rock - your system can actually be purchased for $200-300 less by the time it's finished going through normal ordering and assembly, etc.

But that's the trade-off for getting it custom built. If you want pre-fab or something ready to go when you plunk down the cash, hit Circuit City - don't go to a niche marketplace.

..and as for Restocking - that is a *VERY* common practice done all over the place, and even websites of Retailers like Circuit City and Best Buy now charge restocking fees on stuff purchased online rather than in a store.

Your frustrations will find themselves tempered with a deep breath and a healthy understanding of just what you are spending your money on.

--Akkim
 Post Reply Post Reply