FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone know what type of CPU air coolers DS has?

Post Date: 2015-07-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Natebalzack View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Natebalzack Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Anyone know what type of CPU air coolers DS has?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 7:05pm
I ask because I ordered a level 2 Slade and to save some money, I chose the Cooler Master K380 case. Then I chose "AIR: Stage 1: High-Performance Copper Heat Pipe Cooler", again, to save money. Now upon looking at the picture in the "More info" section under Extreme Cooling, it shows the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, and according to my research, the Hyper 212 EVO won't fit in the K380 case. Oops However, it doesn't specify which type of air cooler it is. So I'm wondering, do they have all different types/models of CPU air cooler? I certainly hope so... Cry
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 7:12pm
I believe it is a 212 cooler, but if there is a conflict with the dimensions, you'll hear from them.

Quote Natebalzack Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 7:17pm
Yeah, then I'll have to pay more money for a bigger case! Sad And I really don't want the stock cooler. They're way too loud and the temperature is awful...

Edited by Natebalzack - 24 Jul 2015 at 7:17pm
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 8:04pm
Not necessarily, I'd wait and see if they come back to you and with what options there are.  But I agree with you on the stock cooler.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 7:38am
Hi Natebalzack,

The only reason to buy a Slade computer is to get the Corsair Obsidian 550D case with the sound proofing. I think the options in the Slade Configurator are mostly based on the 550D case. A better alternate case would be the Coridium which is the Obsidian 450D case. That would save you $50 over the 550D. If you just bought your computer you can call DS on Monday and make any changes you want. The air 212 only saves you $50 over the standard option of the 120 Digital Storm cooler. It is a better choice than the 212.    

Did you look at the Vanquish 3, Level 4? It gives you a great gaming computer for $1599. That might be a better choice for you if you are budget limited. You will get the 212 cooler and a better case than the 380. The 380 comes with only one fan in the front. No back exhaust fan. If you go with the 380 you might want to add a back fan and maybe a side fan.

Good luck with your new computer.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 25 Jul 2015 at 7:41am
halcyonview View Drop Down

Quote halcyonview Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 7:42am
I have stage 1 air cooling in my vanquish 3 level 3, purchased in June, and i have a zalman cnps5x.

Quote Natebalzack Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 8:53am
Originally posted by FrankW

Hi Natebalzack,

The only reason to buy a Slade computer is to get the Corsair Obsidian 550D case with the sound proofing. I think the options in the Slade Configurator are mostly based on the 550D case. A better alternate case would be the Coridium which is the Obsidian 450D case. That would save you $50 over the 550D. If you just bought your computer you can call DS on Monday and make any changes you want. The air 212 only saves you $50 over the standard option of the 120 Digital Storm cooler. It is a better choice than the 212.    

Did you look at the Vanquish 3, Level 4? It gives you a great gaming computer for $1599. That might be a better choice for you if you are budget limited. You will get the 212 cooler and a better case than the 380. The 380 comes with only one fan in the front. No back exhaust fan. If you go with the 380 you might want to add a back fan and maybe a side fan.

Frank

I thought about getting the Vanquish 3. But the reason I decided not to is because I wanted an i7 processor and the highest Vanquish offers is an i5. It also cannot be configured. But I decided if worse came to worst I'll go with the Corsair Graphite 230T case. Despite the downside of not having a side-panel window it seems like a good case. Oh and yeah, believe me, I'm planning on adding a rear exhaust fan, a side-panel fan and eventually a top exhaust fan. But thanks a lot for the reply nonetheless. I'm really appreciating all the help I'm receiving here. Smile

Edited by Natebalzack - 25 Jul 2015 at 4:22pm

Quote Natebalzack Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 8:55am
Originally posted by halcyonview

I have stage 1 air cooling in my vanquish 3 level 3, purchased in June, and i have a zalman cnps5x.

Oh really? Great! Now I feel a bit better. Thanks! Big%20Smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 12:57pm
You'll be perfectly fine.
halcyonview View Drop Down

Quote halcyonview Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Natebalzack

Originally posted by FrankW

Hi Natebalzack,

Frank
I thought about getting the Vanquish 3. But the reason I decided not to is because I wanted an i7 processor and the highest Vanquish offers is an i5. It also cannot be configured. But I decided if worse came to worst I'll go with the Corsair Graphite 230T case. Despite the downside of not having a side-panel window it seems like a good case. Oh and yeah, believe me, I'm planning on adding a rear exhaust fan, a side-panel fan and eventually a top exhaust fan. But thanks a lot for the reply nonetheless. I'm really appreciating all the help I'm receiving here. Smile

The graphite 230t case the vanquish 3 came in from my digital storm purchase has a side panel window and a rear exhaust fan. It's set up as push pull, 2 120mm intakes on the front, one 120mm intake in back, with the possibility of two more fans on top and one more on the floor or the case.
 Post Reply Post Reply