FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt 3 Build Questions

Post Date: 2015-09-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
redkulaid View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote redkulaid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt 3 Build Questions
    Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:11pm
Budget: 3600$

Expectations: High end/liquid cooled cpu and gpu

Usage: Gaming, Streaming

Special Needs:None

Saved Ticket #: 1278077 or 1278078

Specifications:

The difference of the two builds is processor/motherboard combo. I'd prefer to go with the 6700k due to it being newer, but I would want a different motherboard (which DS does not offer). So my question is, how would I find out about the cost to go with one I want?e Do I buy it and ship it there, or they do? Next issue, is liquid cooling. In the pics of the bolt 3, it appears to be clear tube with a red liquid. Is it possible to do clear tube with blue liquid? Any other suggestions on builds, I am open to. Budget is semi firm, so if it fits what I want, I will look at other builds. Im not 100% on liquid cooled gpu, but id highly prefer it. I need the PC to last a few years, able to play games at 1080p 60hz up to 120hz, and stream on twitch/youtube.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Stinger-LGA-1151-Motherboard-111-SS-E172-KR/dp/B013ALA61S

This is the motherboard I want atm. Looks like its priced more then the one offered in the Bolt 3 level 3, so I wounder what I would save from DS not charging me for a mb on it etc.

Edited by redkulaid - 07 Sep 2015 at 11:16pm
redkulaid View Drop Down

Quote redkulaid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 1:35am
To add to the topic, is there any way possible, since the case for the bot 3 supports it, to have an avermedia capture card (http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=513) that uses a PCI-E Slot. I know it can mound next to the GPU, my question is, is there a way to have a cable like that for the gpu, go from PCI-E to say sata, usb, or anything else internal wise, even external if ubs etc, to utilize the capture card to make it work? If not, I have backup option, just figured id ask
redkulaid View Drop Down

Quote redkulaid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 6:10pm
Update- 2nd post, wont need an internal capture card after all. Still looking for clarification, since the DS rep was not clear, on me providing a motherboard for the build. Is it doable, do I get the DS sold MB back as a spare to keep or sell, or do they just not charge for it etc? The one on the first build just wont do, and the one I want to provide will.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:27pm
DS will special order items for you at a premium.  i'm not sure how many items, or even if there are limitations on what kinds of components you can special order.  i'm sure Alex will be along shortly to answer your specific questions.  i'm sure i've seen an official forum post about a client also shipping a part they've already purchased and having DS install it into a new build as well.  however, i would caution against the notion of just trying to get a custom case and trying to ship them the guts of an entire computer.  i'm pretty sure that won't fly.  not saying that's your intent. 

tldr:  basically if you think you're going to buy parts on the cheap from Newegg or pcpartpicker, etc. and save money by having DS install them into one of their cases, you can probably forget about it.  they are going to charge you a (for lack of a better term) "corkage fee" (as anyone whose ever taken a bottle of their own wine to a restaurant knows).   

Edited by db188 - 08 Sep 2015 at 8:31pm
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:24am
Under H20 tube color you can change it to blue and maybe in the notes add that you want blue liquid

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 09 Sep 2015 at 8:25am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 10:53am
Hi redkulaid,

You'll definitely enjoy the performance with the BOLT 3, it's a very popular system currently. For the Z170 chipset, we currently only have a GIGABYTE motherboard as we're waiting for ASUS to launch availability of their Z170I series motherboards (Mini-ITX). If you want an EVGA motherboard, you will have to require us to special order it for you.

The system only has 1 PCI-E slot, so you would only be able to use a dedicated graphics card or a capture card (and use the onboard motherboard video port).

If you would like to special order parts, feel free to email John at "[email protected]" with your request. Please include your saved configuration, etc...
redkulaid View Drop Down

Quote redkulaid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 2:59pm
Thanks Alex for the reply. Any word on a target date area for Asus to release their board? I planned on placing the order within a month, so kinda seeing if anything else comes out or it planned that would make me want to delay and wait for that.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 3:07pm
Within the next 2 weeks from what I noticed.
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 3:16pm
The Z170 Pro Gaming is coming out soon. From the ASUS ROG forums, the Impact board will be introduced in the next month or two. I would think the Impact board will be on the market before Cyber Monday.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 3:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply