Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jng View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jng Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: bolt II - Video card removal
    Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 6:11pm
Hello,

i will be upgrading the video card in my bolt II system soon. What would be the best way to remove the existing card? unfortunately there is no video guide for removing the video card for the bolt ii system that i have seen. this would be first time removing the video card from my system and i would like to avoid making any mistakes.

Thanks!   
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 6:23pm
does yours look like bolt 3?

don't worry its pretty easy to do.

first you turn off the pc and then uplug it from the wall, wait one minute and make sure no light are lit on the mobo.

now just remove the gpu from the system, lets find out what your system is like first, but basically you want to un plug the power cords from it, then make sure the went part (the end) is free and unlocked (some are screwed in but most just have a latch) and then free it from the pci port, here first check the sides of your pci port and see if it has a latch also to push or pull so that the gpu can come free from the pci lane.

if you can take a pic of your system and upload it it would be so much easier.

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Jun 2016 at 6:24pm
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 7:04pm
It isn't hard!

- First, remove the back side of the case (the side the GPU is on)
- Next, you need to unscrew the GPU bracket (with "REMOVABLE" printed on it). There are 4 philips head screws, 2 horizontally positioned below the GPU on the side you just exposed and 2 vertically oriented on the back side where the I/O is
- After the screws are out, you're going to want to pull the GPU and bracket out as one unit toward the side you exposed when removing the panel. You are not taking it completely out, just enough to get access to the GPU. The bracket has a PCI-e extender attached to it; this extender is flexible, but it will still give some resistance. There are also the PCI-e power connectors on the top-side of the GPU to be mindful of when removing...there is a lip on the chassis that might get in the way a little
- After the bracket and GPU are pulled out enough to have full access to the GPU, remove the PCI-e power connectors on the top of the GPU (they have small clips on the side), unscrew the GPU from the bracket (these will be the two that you see looking down in the back), and they you will need to unlatch the PCI-e slot retainer located on the front-most part of where the GPU slots in (you may need a small screw driver or something to reach in there...it's not really easy to get to with the design of the bracket
- After that it should be free to remove...reverse steps to install a new card
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 8:01pm
@jng I have never used the bolt case before but it sounds like  is knows it very well its best you move forward with him since he knows his way around it.

On a separate note I like to say I'm very pissed and disappointed in lian li,    I can't find not one manual to download for any of the O series, not O5, O6 or O7. Not even in chines or any other language. That is pure BS.

here is a little info if understand it right.

Also your case is a bit different but maybe this guid can help you with some of the stuff.

Edited by DST4ME - 18 Jun 2016 at 5:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply