FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delays Due to COVID-19

Post Date: 2020-03-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MGoBlue007 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MGoBlue007 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Delays Due to COVID-19
    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 8:44am
My custom rig

Edited by MGoBlue007 - 15 Mar 2020 at 9:14am
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 9:02am
If you really must ask that question during the worldwide pandemic for Covid-19, then it’s DS Sales you should contact.   This is just a customer forum of DS users.    No one here works for DS.    

I’m sure the emergency measures necessary to interdict the virus from spreading are affecting every large workplace in the US.    Try to be patient...DS will get the rig you ordered to you soon as possible.
Wrangler17 View Drop Down

Quote Wrangler17 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 6:54pm
We are sorry to inform you that due to COVID-19 production backlogs and supply chain issues, we will not be able to ship Lynx models "Best" and "Ultimate" orders in time. We rather not have you wait any longer, our staff will be canceling your order and processing a full refund within the next 1-2 business days. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
Brian Thunder View Drop Down

Quote Brian Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 7:23pm
Email From DS;

"We would like to inform you that your new Digital Storm purchase will be slightly delayed by an additional 5-10 business days from your original estimated ship date.
Due to COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions with our operations and requesting non-essential employees to work from home.
We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that the effects of COVID-19 are minimized as much as possible."

Slightly Delayed?! I expected a long delay given the circumstances all over the planet! Was a pleasant surprise to receive this. Some people are not so fortunate, feel VERY fortunate if DS is not forced to cancel your order altogether. I sure do!
We can wait so they can all be safe!

Edited by Brian Thunder - 20 Mar 2020 at 7:31pm
Thunder Gaming
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Brian Thunder

Slightly Delayed?! I expected a long delay given the circumstances all over the planet! Was a pleasant surprise to receive this. Some people are not so fortunate, feel VERY fortunate if DS is not forced to cancel your order altogether. I sure do!

My kind of positive mental attitude, Brian Thunder. Welcome to DS and welcome to our Forum!   
Phdevil View Drop Down

Quote Phdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 1:13pm
Yea i got the same email and was surprised to hear they wee still working orders, as of this morning i did get a update from stage 5 to stage 6 which means they may not have to go that many days to ship so it may not be to bad right now.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:41pm
Omegaice View Drop Down

Quote Omegaice Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:39am
Hello all, I am trying this route to see if I can an update on my order that I placed back in February. Yes, I realize COVID is taking it's toll on EVERYONE so no need to remind me of that. Anyway, my order went into Stage 6 on March 13th & on March 18th I received the COVID delay Email. That was the last time I received any correspondence from DS & my order is still at Stage 6. I did try the Support Chat option & I called the Sales number as well but no new information could be given. So maybe I can get some traction in here? TIA!
"For all it brightens, Love casts long shadows"
redking1887 View Drop Down

Quote redking1887 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 1:30pm
I ordered mine too in February. It has been pretty delayed but I was surprised they had anyone into work at all. Plus I keep changing the config because I have to wait longer....which makes me wait longer. Good for them cause I keep spending more money. But I wish I had it already. But they have a brand to live up to so they want it right the first time I get it. But doesnt take away from us wanting the machines!
Omegaice View Drop Down

Quote Omegaice Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Omegaice

Hello all, I am trying this route to see if I can an update on my order that I placed back in February. Yes, I realize COVID is taking it's toll on EVERYONE so no need to remind me of that. Anyway, my order went into Stage 6 on March 13th & on March 18th I received the COVID delay Email. That was the last time I received any correspondence from DS & my order is still at Stage 6. I did try the Support Chat option & I called the Sales number as well but no new information could be given. So maybe I can get some traction in here? TIA!

Just a follow-up for those interested. I finally received an Email a few hours ago informing me that my order been advanced to Stage 7. So, hopefully by the end of next week I will have my new PC. I'll keep y'all updated.
"For all it brightens, Love casts long shadows"
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:54am
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Cretae

My kind of positive mental attitude, Brian Thunder. Welcome to DS and welcome to our Forum!   

Very nice comment, always think of everybody's safety first above anything else. Keep safe folks!
carefulpunch
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 4:01am
Originally posted by carefulpunch

Very nice comment, always think of everybody's safety first above anything else. Keep safe folks!

Guard your health first everyone. Those can wait.
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 9:02pm
Just a question guys (out of curiosity), if the patient packing the ordered item/s is infected with Covid19, and the item was not disinfected prior to shipping, is there a possibility that the virus will remain in the package? TIA
carefulpunch
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 4:32am
If so, my understanding is it will not go airborne. Unpack. Wash your hands. Set up computer. Wash your hands. Don't touch your face. The virus has a lipid (fat) membrane around it that is destroyed by most any soap as I think they ALL cut grease (fat).
Brian Thunder View Drop Down

Quote Brian Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:12am
Originally posted by carefulpunch

Just a question guys (out of curiosity), if the patient packing the ordered item/s is infected with Covid19, and the item was not disinfected prior to shipping, is there a possibility that the virus will remain in the package? TIA

Here is something I found regarding how long a virus can survive on different surfaces.

"Cold and flu virus-laden droplets may remain infectious for several hours, depending on where they fall. Viruses generally remain active longer on stainless steel, plastic and similar hard surfaces than on fabric and other soft surfaces. Other factors, such as the amount of virus deposited on a surface and the temperature and humidity of the environment, also determine how long cold and flu viruses stay active outside the body."

Please also bear in mind;This is not some Super Virus, Its still a virus. Actually 1 of quite a few strains of Caronavirus that existed already, all of which behave(biologically) just like common cold, or seasonal flu. Im not a Doctor, and I am not pretending to be. Just a man with a family to protect. Ive simply gotten past the fear, and done A LOT of research. Don't take my word for it though, do your own research. My aim is to share information.

Copy and past this in YouTube search: ( Video from Loading Zone, Dr. Andrew Kaufman, M.D. Caronavirus Truth and 5G ). Very informative. Also ( High Impact Vlogs ) has a lot of pertinent information that has helped me to understand many aspects. Keep an open mind, Fear is a powerful feeling. Don't let it consume you.

I have NO DOUBT that Digital Storm is taking every precaution to protect their customers and employees. They are aware and have responded according to their website. My Amazing PC arrived a while back and I am in PC Heaven!! Amazing workmanship from DS!

Edited by Brian Thunder - 20 Apr 2020 at 7:13am
Thunder Gaming
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:54pm
I would not worry so much about anything catching a ride from DS. Be more worried about the handling and things it will meet during the shipping trip. 

Personally, in our household, all packages from the outside (including mail) go to the garage and stay there for 3 days before opening. What if the last person who touched it had the virus and sneezed on it!
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:02pm

If so, my understanding is it will not go airborne. Unpack. Wash your hands. Set up computer. Wash your hands. Don't touch your face. The virus has a lipid (fat) membrane around it that is destroyed by most any soap as I think they ALL cut grease (fat).

The item should be quarantined too since the virus will stay in any surface for days (depending on the surface). Disinfect and observe hygiene. Dont forget to wash your hands!
 Post Reply Post Reply