Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: EVGA GTX 980 HydroCopper - AIO Liquid Cooled
    Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 11:23am
EVGA GTX 980 HydroCopper

EVGA is planning on launching a GTX 980 with an integrated AIO liquid cooling unit. What are your thoughts?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 11:46am
They're also talking of making the AIO kit available for existing owners of the gtx 980.

If it allows for higher overclocking while keeping the heat out of the case,unlike ACX cooler dumping some heat into the case, then it looks good.  Have to see what temps and noise are.   The higher oc alone will sell it. Big%20Smile

Still has a reference blower but that's just for the regulators and memory, so I'm not sure the heat from that. 

Would it mount to the back wall, restricting cpu coolers to air or 240mm rads?  Just curious.   Or are hoses long enough for top or front mounts?

Nice.

 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by bprat22

They're also talking of making the AIO kit available for existing owners of the gtx 980.

If it allows for higher overclocking while keeping the heat out of the case,unlike ACX cooler dumping some heat into the case, then it looks good.  Have to see what temps and noise are.   The higher oc alone will sell it. Big%20Smile

Still has a reference blower but that's just for the regulators and memory, so I'm not sure the heat from that.

Would it mount to the back wall, restricting cpu coolers to air or 240mm rads?  Just curious.   Or are hoses long enough for top or front mounts?

Nice.

It appears as though the hoses are plenty long...another angle:

I was thinking it would be an interesting thing to try it in the Bolt II and use one of the Corsair H75 coolers with one fan on the lower section of the radiator mount and put the radiator for the GPU on the upper section...but there would be a lot of hose to contend with up at the top with all of that length. (I'm also not looking to get another GPU for a while, so that would stop me, too)

Ultimately, I think this allows for people to have water-cooled components without much of a hassle. It would have been nice to see it be done as a single slot solution and have the memory and power circuitry be passively cooled. The pump would have moved off of the block for a single slot version, but Swiftech, who isn't that far away from EVGA down in the LA area, has solutions that could work, albeit they haven't yet released a 1 x 120mm radiator water-cooling kit yet.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 2:45am
Thanks. Now the hose's look too long.

Just can't make me happy.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:12am
Maybe for some applications the hose coming off of the water jack should be at 90 degrees instead of straight out. Especially for top mounts of the radiator. Those hoses may be way long for a Velox with the GPUs at the top of the MB.

Frank
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 12:36am
Originally posted by FrankW

Maybe for some applications the hose coming off of the water jack should be at 90 degrees instead of straight out. Especially for top mounts of the radiator. Those hoses may be way long for a Velox with the GPUs at the top of the MB.

Frank

Yes, agreed. That or give the ability to reroute the tubes within the shroud, similar to how the removable cables on keyboards can be routed.
 Post Reply Post Reply