FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

L> Unlimited budget PC build.

Post Date: 2016-12-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GosuBear View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GosuBear Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: L> Unlimited budget PC build.
    Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 11:38am
Budget:
There is no budget. I have enough to spend on any type of pc build. I just have no experience on making my own pc so I decided to come here.

Expectations:
1.Ultra settings on most to all games. CSGO, Crysis, GTA, FallOut etc.
2.Liquid cooling for quiet game playing.
3.Play in 4k with 60+ FPS (If 90+ it would be also best).
4.Color scheme does not matter but something that goes with a black case would be nice.
5.Fast computer as well, hopefully one that can start up/start things very fast.
6.Wifi compatible as well.
7.Sound card is not necessary but since budget is unlimited, one added wouldn't make me mad.
8.Should be ultra cooled, should not shut down for overheating or have component damages from heat.
9.VR Ready.

Usage:
Gaming, casual web browsing, video editing and possible coding.

Special Needs:
Nothing really. Just should be able to do what is said in expectations. Maybe a lot of memory for movies/music/picture storages.

Saved Ticket #:
1. This one is one I was just putting together on the fly with things ive been watching videos about: 1575598

2. And here is one that I also made on the fly, pretty much the same thing but less money + more Graphics card and some other different things.

Specifications:
Ultra settings in most to all games, 4k Compatible with 60+FPS (90+ would be best), Liquid cooling, Should survive 3+ years of future upgrades/game releases (Should not have to replace or upgrade anything with in the next 3 years. Pretty much everything in expectations.

Thank you for taking your time reading such a vague request.

Edited by GosuBear - 30 Dec 2016 at 11:46am
cpkai View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote cpkai Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 12:32pm
No budget as in, you will be willing to spend 4-8k?
Apollo
i7 6800k(6-core)O.C.
ASUS x99 STRIX
32GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum
850W EVGA SuperNOVA
GTX 1080 8GB(acx 3.0)
Corsair H100i GTX - 240mm
SSD 500GB Samsung 850 EVO
2TB Seagate HD
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 12:49pm
An i7-6700K would be better suited for your gaming needs with higher single-threaded and lightly-threaded application performance. If you wait a little bit, the i7-7700K should be coming out soon, which should be able to overclock slightly higher.

Digital Storm Aventum 3 (Config # 1575873)

Chassis
Chassis Model: Aventum 3 (ETA Middle of January)
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)

System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)

Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000i (Digitally Controlled Power)

Storage / Connectivity
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs) (Internal)

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 960 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)

Storage Set 2: 2x SSD (2TB Samsung 850 PRO)

RAID Config: RAID 1: Mirroring: Drive Failure Data Fault Tolerance (Requires 2 Identical HDDs)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB (Pascal) (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Copper Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)

HydroLux Fluid Color: White Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)

Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)

Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm RGB LED Lighting System (Requires Thermal Management Control Board & Software)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material)

LaserMark: Digital Storm LaserMark Service - Text (Plexiglass Acrylic Window)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.8GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)

Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability

Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)

Recovery Tools: Factory Reset Feature (Restore Windows + Drivers) (Partition up to 50GB of Storage)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)

Accessories / Goodies
Display: Asus 4K Ultra HD 28 inch PB287Q Series (10-bit Color) (1ms Response Time) (3840 x 2160)

Surge Shield: APC 1500VA Uninterrupted Power & Surge Conditioner - BR1500G - (NOTE: Ships VIA Ground ONLY)

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
GosuBear View Drop Down

Quote GosuBear Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 9:56pm
That build seems awesome. Do you think If I wait for the 7700k it will be future proof? I have adjusted some things (Added a couple of things that were left default or none) but I didn't touch what you had put for all the important stuff. And is there a way to get in contact with you if I have any other questions? my personal email is [email protected] and Skype is Gosubear1. Please keep in contact. This build is beast and a lot cheaper for what I was hoping for.

Edited by GosuBear - 31 Dec 2016 at 9:56pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 11:04pm
GosuBear, welcome to the forums.

Please feel free to post your questions about the build here on the forums. There are many knowledgeable folks who frequent these boards and most will be happy to help you put together the machine that works best for you.

 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by GosuBear

That build seems awesome. Do you think If I wait for the 7700k it will be future proof? I have adjusted some things (Added a couple of things that were left default or none) but I didn't touch what you had put for all the important stuff. And is there a way to get in contact with you if I have any other questions? my personal email is [email protected] and Skype is Gosubear1. Please keep in contact. This build is beast and a lot cheaper for what I was hoping for.

I wouldn't ever consider a platform to be future proof. Intel is always changing their socket...they are about to come out with the 270 series chipsets for the Kaby Lake 7000 series CPUs and the X299 chipset for the Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X processors later on this year.

Things I would say you should invest in to keep for longer are: PCI-e storage devices (M.2 and U.2), PSU's, cases, water cooling systems, and DDR4 memory (it's still young in it's lifecycle). Things to expect to change regularly: GPU's (every 2-3 years; along with any water block or custom cooling...some reference boards may be compatible with previous generation water blocks), CPU's (every 5-6 years; water block or custom cooling may or may not be compatible, but Intel and AMD have been pretty good keeping the mounting consistent), and motherboard (every 5-6 years with processor; water blocks for VRMs will almost always need to change). The chipsets are good for 3 years at most, and as you see, you'll be swapping them at a longer interval then that, so it will be something else when you're ready.
GosuBear View Drop Down

Quote GosuBear Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 9:04pm
Well i dont mean futureproof as in a decade or so. A couple of years is fine until i learn the basics of computer engineering and maybe learn how builds work and cable managements. I would just like some quick insight on certain things just so i dont slip up and order parts that are obsolete or not worth the bang for its buck. I have 3 PCs in mind. 1 more a extreme gamer which i think you have provided. 1 for a pretty decent gamer. and another for a very new gamer that also needs some good framerates for certain games like h1z1, binding of issac, ARK, etc. all those should have high frames on medium seettings. Which i dont think is that hard for a 2k PC or so. And for the decent probably some where around 6k. And extreme has no price value as it will be mines and i will be using it on a daily basis. So if you have any time for personal insights please do not hesitate to do so. As i am willing to learn and open up my mind to computing world.

Edited by GosuBear - 01 Jan 2017 at 9:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply