FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need reassurance. Please Help!

Post Date: 2014-12-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ktanner2553 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ktanner2553 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need reassurance. Please Help!
    Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 8:53pm
Hello everyone! Extremely new here as well to pc gaming. I just ordered my Vanquish II level 4 2 days ago and am looking forward to it. That being said while browsing the digital storm website tonight I noticed the new eclipse line of desktops. Looking at the Eclipse level 4 configuration it seems to be the exact same specs as my vanquish but has a cheaper price as well as a much smaller form factor. (which I like) Am I missing something? Is it too late to switch? I just got the stage 7 email today stating it would ship within 1 business day, which I would assume means Monday. Just really need opinions since digital storm support is only available through the week.Thanks in advance!
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 9:13pm
The Eclipse will also have Wi-Fi on the motherboard, whereas you will have to add a wireless PCI-e card or USB stick to a Vanquish. The Vanquish has a larger power supply to handle additional expansion components and the motherboard has additional PCI-e slots and memory slots for expansion, while the Eclipse will not have that. I would also guess that the Vanquish will run quieter than an Eclipse, too, but I could be mistaken. If you really want to switch it up, I'd send an e-mail this weekend and follow up first thing Monday morning to see if they can do anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply