FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Digital Storm Domain Address

Post Date: 2015-06-01

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Digital Storm Domain Address
    Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 11:56am
Hi All,

We finally switched over from our domain "www.digitalstormonline.com" to "www.digitalstorm.com" .

Let us know if you have any issues on your end.
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 12:28pm
Works fine for me. Big%20Smile
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7966
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 1:01pm
Hi Alex,
Had some issues (taking a long time to post) earlier (around 1:10pm)  but none now.Awesome


Edited by hoserator - 01 Jun 2015 at 1:02pm
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 2:08pm
Back to Top
Roykirk View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 951
  Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 5:09pm
That would explain why I had to log into the forums today.  Usually it's persistent via cookie.  No issues, however.  Posts going through just fine.
Back to Top
Roykirk View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 951
  Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 5:14pm
Way to jinx it, Roykirk!  Upset

I post the above, then go to another thread, post there, and get the:

Dear Valued Customer,

An error has occurred, the webmaster has been notified of this error. To continue placing your order, please contact us at, 1-866-81-STORM.

If possible, please also email us how you got to this problem.

Warm Regards,
Digital Storm Support Team
1-866-81-STORM
[email protected]


Post still went through, however.  But I usually only see that error when you guys make DNS changes.  Last time I saw it was when the website went to digitalstorm.com for a day or so some weeks back.
Back to Top
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 29 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4743
  Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 6:38pm
I actually couldn't log in all day.  I sent an email to Support.  What was weird, it was defaulting to a dax doomslayer2 account and it wouldn't let me log out of it.  I then tried to reset the password a couple of times and although it looked liked it worked as I got the pop up indicating that an email was sent, nothing ever was.  Finally, light dawned on concrete and I went in and deleted all the Digital Storm cookies.  That got me up and going.  The posting time though is very slow.  I type a message, hit 'post reply' and it takes a good 2 minutes or even hangs. 

Alex, please disregard the email sent.  Also, this post tipped me off that DS made a change (which was great) but you should probably also add information in the post as to where to contact if you are having issues as, more than likely, those having issues won't be able to post in the thread!  Hahaha
Back to Top
forrest74 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2642
  Quote forrest74 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 8:00pm
Roykirk,
I had the same error message when I tried to post in the forum.  My post went thru just fine, but I got the same error message about an order.  (... and I did not place an order ...)

Will see if it happens with this post ...

AND IT NOW WORKS JUST FINE!  No order error message.

Edit Tuesday, 2 June
Problem has returned.
Long time to process forum post.
Same customer order error message






Edited by forrest74 - 02 Jun 2015 at 6:46am
Back to Top
GoBruins View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 15 May 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 64
  Quote GoBruins Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 5:17am
Looking good here
- Jim
Back to Top
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13000
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 6:54am
I was wondering why I was logged out and the password program was empty. I figured it was my ole' noggin. Big%20Smile

However, I'm experiencing the posting issue as well, takes a long time to post and eventually goes to an error screen - though the message does still seem to get posted, I just don't see it.
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Tidgxor

However, I'm experiencing the posting issue as well, takes a long time to post and eventually goes to an error screen - though the message does still seem to get posted, I just don't see it.


This has been my experience as well. Click "Post Reply" and everything times out. I actually have to leave and reenter the site to continue. Yet the reply is posted.
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 7:23am
I just started having the same Posting problem today.   If I leave and come back it is there for me, also.     Yesterday all was good.

I've actually had a posting problem on my Kindle tablet for months, frustrating as hell, but this is the first for the desktop.   


Back to Top
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 29 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4743
  Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 7:25am
Yes - it is very slow and still hangs today for me also (as I mentioned above).  Sometimes it'll go through and other times it times out.  
Back to Top
Roykirk View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 951
  Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:02am
Just tried another post to the 1 Million and Counting thread and it happened again.  Same thread on which it occurred yesterday, I believe.

EDIT: It almost happened with this post as well, but after 20-30 seconds, it did finally go through.

EDIT2: The previous edit to this post went through instantly.


Edited by Roykirk - 02 Jun 2015 at 10:04am
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:20am
We're aware of the issue now, we do see it occurring in our error logs. The team is going to monitor this to see what is the root cause. Thanks, any other details you all can provide would be helpful. Thanks!
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:31am
Maybe it's just here, but the biggest culprit is the counting thread.

Could it have something to do with the size of the thread?
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:35am
I've had it elsewhere, more recently responding to Dax in Industry News.  I waited about 10-15 seconds, then just came out of the site, back in and it was posted.


This posting took about 10 seconds but did post without having to exit.  Big%20Smile



Edited by bprat22 - 02 Jun 2015 at 10:36am
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:41am
yea, I'll retract my previous comment that crashed out on a one page thread...

So, in the immortal words of Emily Litella: "Oh. Never mind."
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 10:45am
Yeah, I noticed a lag/delay as well on my end. We'll be monitoring this to see what is the reason.
Back to Top
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 29 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4743
  Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 11:25am
There's definitely a lag in posting.  I've gotten it in the Industry News and Counting threads also.  It seems to hang up for a bit and it will then either update and post or just time out.  I'm not seeing any rhyme or reason as I made two posts in a row and one had an issue and the other didn't.  I have noticed however that the "Email Notify me of Replies" function doesn't seem to be working...
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 12:03pm
Seems they have a handle on it.. not so bad now. I think the fact that Alex hit the counting thread 5 times in one day means he was using it as a testing ground.

Fingers crossed.
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 12:29pm
Issue should be resolved now. Let us know.

P.S
Yes I was testing it.
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 12:35pm
Posting in Industry News and Count Million worked great, even on my Kindle.
Back to Top
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 29 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4743
  Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 12:42pm
Yes - it seems like it is 'normalizing' (if that's even a word).  Also, the Email Notification is working again now too...
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 1:00pm
The issue seems to be mitigated now... things are much smoother.

(bprat, I got that post deleted.)
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 1:02pm
Cheers!
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 1:23pm
Thanks, Snaike.
Back to Top
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran


Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1627
  Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 11:09pm
If only we knew someone on here who specializes in things from Network Sec to Server/Network admin that DS could hire that could fix the DNS issues currently occurring on top of sounds like some minor linking issues with whatever type of DB you're using for your boards.

But who?
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 1:18am
Subtle.   
Back to Top
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1674
  Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 1:48pm
I wonder how many hours of work an Aventum 3 chassis would be worth to Meller...
Back to Top
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13000
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 4:27pm
Thanks getting whipping everything into shape DS! Strong

Farewell DSO Big%20Smile
Back to Top
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran


Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1627
  Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:47am
Originally posted by 

I wonder how many hours of work an Aventum 3 chassis would be worth to Meller...


Depends. We talk just the case, or are we loading it up with parts too?

I grew up in Oklahoma/Kansas. I may only be 28... but I have that old country thing going where you'd be surprised what I'd do for a "free t-shirt, hoodie, hat, jacket... etc.."

Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Back to Top
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1674
  Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:04am
I'm thinking they would get the most "bang-for-the-buck" with just the chassis, as they are just reselling the other components. But, you probably only want one chassis and if more work beyond that is desired, I'm thinking some components they can acquire at wholesale may be worth more than straight cash.

Hats, jackets, etc. do nothing for me anymore...I don't need or want more stuff & really need to thin out what I already have.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 8.984375E-02 seconds.