Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KuldeepM View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KuldeepM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Gaming PC
    Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:01pm
Budget:
2000-2600

Expectations:
Best Bang for my buck. Needing a rig to be able to run FPS ( CoD, PUBG, Battlefield ) on max settings while still getting good fps. Wanting a rig to also handle 4k (When applied). Don't have a monitor picked out yet. Any recommendations would be great.

Usage:
Mostly for gaming, and some work needs.

Special Needs:
Same as expectations, just something to handle shooters and mmo games at max settings. Used to be big in PC gaming years ago( years 2006-2008, but after my old pc kicked the bucket, I haven't wanted to get back into until now. So just trying to get one that can handle anything without any upgrades for a while.....

... removed ad. Consider this "2nd Warning issued" ...

Edited by Snaike - 14 Nov 2018 at 11:31am
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 5:10pm
You need to add storage as needed, but these should probably work. These configs are heavily bent toward getting the 2080 Ti in them to support 4K gaming at higher settings.

Config # 2100593
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm VANQUISH 7

Core Components
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6-Core) (Boost Up to 3.9 GHz)

Motherboard: ASUS / MSI (AMD A320M Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series

Power Supply: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series (Supports up to an NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPU)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (500GB Digital Storm Performance Series)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: AMD Standard Factory Heat-sink and Fan
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Config # 2100598
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm VANQUISH 7

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i5-9600K (4.6 GHz Turbo) (6-Core) 3.7 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-P (Intel Z370 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series (Supports up to an NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPU)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (500GB Digital Storm Performance Series)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 1: High-Performance Copper Heat Pipe Cooler
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Edited by  - 12 Nov 2018 at 5:17pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:16am
Good work that, but IMHO, your budget just doesn't stretch to 4K gaming on high. For one thing, the 600W power supply can't handle a 2080 Ti, especially over clocked. The 750W is mandatory, I think.

If you set your sights a bit lower, at 2K (1440p) gaming, you'll have a better all-around rig, with better parts and adequate storage that will probably have a longer lifespan.

Might look a bit like this: Config # 2101251. (Go to configurator and enter that # in "Load Config". I tried to give you a link, but it wouldn't work for me. :(

Tics all the boxes I like for a highly capable rig that will give you a great gaming experience at max levels, high frames, and a super resolution. All the custom parts are high quality with 5 year warranties from the makers.

IMO, 4K is not the holy grail for gaming, especially at the price it exacts. It's just a crazy pixel density that is wasted on the relatively small screen of a monitor.

My take.

Edited by Cretae - 13 Nov 2018 at 10:30am
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 12:06pm
Using this, I get a load wattage of 465W. So, a 600W PSU will still be under 80% load with a lightly overclocked 2080 Ti, et. al, leaving overhead for additional storage and whatnot in the future.

Granted, with the efficiencies PSU's have these days, going higher on the PSU isn't a bad thing, it just raises the cost of the machine.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by 

Using this, I get a load wattage of 465W. So, a 600W PSU will still be under 80% load with a lightly overclocked 2080 Ti, et. al, leaving overhead for additional storage and whatnot in the future.

Granted, with the efficiencies PSU's have these days, going higher on the PSU isn't a bad thing, it just raises the cost of the machine.

Not bad at all, and I knew where you were coming from. But, Nvidia recommends 650W. I don't know all the ins and outs of PSU management, but I do know electronics don't always behave according to spec, especially as they age. Second, OP has darn little room for error should he start adding a bell here and a whistle there, so... maybe more headroom.

I honestly think 4K is for watching righteous video content on a giant screen across a room; not so much for 20" away from a 32" display where it's glory can't really be appreciated. Thus, my terrifically persuasive sell job.    Your builds meet the "need" well, but maybe he'd be better served with better parts and a more practical expectation. 2K gaming on high is a very sweet spot. All i'm sayin'.
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:07pm
Fortunately Nvidia cards aren't as bad as AMD cards with power spikes.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about ancillary devices. If OP decides to add on a bunch in the future, these machines are very modular, so they can just as well upgrade the PSU then. It'd be up to them if they want to bite the bullet and pay a little more upfront if they feel like they will need that.

Edit: not many add-ons and peripherals add too much power draw. Perhaps if you wanted to add a RAID array of 10K HDD's and potentially a custom water loop with a 37W D5 pump, but that sort of seems unlikely for the vast majority of DS' customers to be adding on later.

Edited by  - 13 Nov 2018 at 5:12pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:27am
Originally posted by 

Using this, ...........................................

AwesomeThanks for that website. Nice. Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:48am
I'm convinced. I also thank you for the valuable website. I keep playing with it, and I have a hard time loading enough extra stuff to make 600W squeal. It is very comforting to my mind that the 600W standard PSU DS supplies with the entire Vanquish line is more than adequate. Kudos all around!
 Post Reply Post Reply