Post Date: 2016-07-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Newbie Needs Help
    Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 7:18pm
Hi. I am looking to order my first DS set up. What is the best way to select the options? The choices are a little overwhelming. I am looking for a gaming rig that would allow for a faster speed with games such as Battlefield.

How would I know how many memory cards the computer is capable of holding?

Does RAID offer faster speeds w gaming? can you have RAID options w a SSD and A HDD? I am thinking of a HDD just for storage and cloning the SSD.

Also, the internet options on the build. Is that just for additional pcs? My current PC has a router. Doesn't that send the wireless signal to other pcs in the house.

Sorry If I am posting in the wrong place. First time posting and there is SO much to read my brain is in overload.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 8:22pm
If you want the most performance for your money, what you do is figure out the amount of power the pc needs to have to run your games like battlefield at max settings.

To know that you need to know the native resolution of the monitor you gonna be playing Battlefield on, and its refresh rate.

Once we know that info then we will know what kind of power it takes to run your game at max settings on the monitor.

in raid both drives must be the same, depending on which raid you go with your speed can be faster but IMHO with a good ssd your speeds are gonna be pretty fast you will not need raid nor will it bring great benefit to games.

Your router should be separate from your pc, your pc may have wireless card/ability.

So tell us the info I asked for about the monitor and we can get started. IF you are going to buy a new monitor soon or in the next year tell us what monitor you are looking at buying, so we can make sure your pc can max your games in that monitor also.
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 9:46pm
have a dell 2208 wfp now. looking at BenQ XL 2430 T for a future upgrade perhaps. using this for games, office suite, etc but primarily gaming
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 9:47pm
would want to stay in the 300-400 price range but really don't know which monitors are better than others. I have probably been w dell for too long
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 10:04pm
When it comes to monitors, fist you want to look at the panel, right now the best one is an IPS panel due to the fact that it has the best image quality, next you want to look at refresh rate.

for a 1080p like the benQ if I'm not mistaken it does not take much to max out at all but if you decide to go 4k ips next year or something then it will take a different setup to max that.

So let us know what to build it for, 1080p or 4k? the price difference is gonna be a good amount.

Now since ips has the best image quality it has the price tag to go with it, check out acer and see what you can find in your price range.

Just to give you an idea, for a 1080p monitor and no future upgrade in monitor/res this is a great system, we can drop the price by moving some thing and save another $200 maybe, now for a 4k monitor the setup would be different but for now here is one for 1080p:

Here you go Ticket# 1462007 --- $2,451.00 (To see this build click here)

Copy of Specifications:
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Apollo (White)

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Up to 5x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 500W EVGA SuperNOVA

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 850 EVO)

Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (EVGA ACX 3.0) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D15 (Extreme Performance)

HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Yellow - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)

Chassis Fans: Corsair Airflow Performance Edition (Up to 6 Fans)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.4GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by DST4ME - 30 Jul 2016 at 10:10pm
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 10:26am
Monitor 1ms Response Time
Monitor 144Hz
Monitor IPS
Monitor G-Sync
Monitor FreeSync

so I just saw this at best buy. I am trying to put together something that will last a bit. looking at velox

btw, do u work for DS? You seem very knowledgable
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 12:55pm
Murph forget response time and contrast ratio those are bs numbers.

Read a bit of a reviews on that monitor, not all ips monitors are the same, some cheaper ones have issues, so read some reviews and make sure you got your self a good one, http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/ is also a good place to checkout and read about monitors. Make sure you checkout the hardware section of our forums and look at monitor threads so you can get some advise ideas there also.

putting together something that will last a bit, is limited, at best if we give you sli gpus you will still probably have to change them in 3 years, so its best to go with what you need for the next 3 years and then expect a gpu upgrade, then the next gpu upgrade aka 3 years later(the pc is now 6 years old) its time to upgrade the whole system, but if budget is an issue then you do another gpu upgrade understanding that you could be dealing with a good amount of possible bottleneck.

There are a bunch of us here that have been around PCs for a long time and have a good amount of knowledge about them, but we don't work for DS we are just here to help our fellow pc users because that is what we enjoy doing.

In short no I don't work for DS, DS employees will have that badge and verified customers will have that one as you see under my avatar.

Edited by DST4ME - 31 Jul 2016 at 1:01pm
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 5:22pm
SO the 4k 144 is not out yet? would probably make sense to wait for it anyway as monitors foe me tend to last longer.

would it harm my current monitor if I put together a build that would handle the 4k?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 2:31am
There is no ips, 4k 120hz/144Hz monitors right not, best you can do is 1440p with ips.

Making a system that can handle your 1080p monitor now but can be upgraded to handle 4k will not harm a thing other then your wallet, since we would need to change 2 things.
1.psu, no big deal here.

2. gpu, here we can go 2 ways:

a. we go sli 1080 now

b. we go one 1080 now and you add the second 1080 later

So in short you take the build from my previous post and make it into a system that can run sli 1080, now here is the deal, I'm gonna make build so that it has sli 1080, but if you like to just go with one 1080 now and add the second later yourself, simply change the config so that it has only one 1080 and then you add the second one when you get the 4k ips 144Hz monitor:

Here you go Ticket# 1462634 --- $3,983.00 (To see this build click here)

Copy of Specifications:
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Up to 5x PCI-E Devices)
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000i (Digitally Controlled Power)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (EVGA SC ACX 3.0) (VR Ready)

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D15 (Extreme Performance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Yellow - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair Airflow Performance Edition (Up to 6 Fans)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.4GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)

Software
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

I changed our case for best airflow with 2 gpus you gonna want the best airflow you can get.

Also I just noticed that in my first build some how it endedup with a 500w psu when I picked a 750w psu, so please make that change if you want the that build, let me know and I will change it for you.

OK so your thoughts.
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 5:42pm
Why would you recommend 2 1080's instead of one 1080 founders edition?
Is it difficult to install the graphics card?
Why the Z170 and not the X99?
Why not 32 gb instead of 16 for memory.

Please realize I REALLY appreciate your help.

This is what I was looking at but I don't have any knowledge to support a build config.

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1461946
Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 6800K 3.4GHz (6-Core) (Unlocked CPU)
Motherboard: ASUS X99 RAMPAGE V USB 3.1 (Intel X99 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices) <br><strong></strong>
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: Option Not Available
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (256GB Samsung 950 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D15 (Extreme Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables) <br><strong></strong>
Chassis Fans: Thermaltake Riing RGB Fans (Up to 6 Fans) <br><strong></strong>
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red) <br><strong></strong>
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material) <br><strong></strong>
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability <br><strong></strong>
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Office: Microsoft Office 2016 Office Home & Business (PC Attach Key PKC Only, No Pre-install) <br><strong></strong>
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks

Sly2518 View Drop Down

Quote Sly2518 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 6:35pm
Two gtx 1080's for 4K gaming now. 16gb is really all you need unless you do 3D modeling and such and that also goes with the x99+i7 6800k so if you're just gaming then the 6700k is fine as well as 16gb of ram.   Also doesn't hurt to save some money
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Murph

Why would you recommend 2 1080's instead of one 1080 founders edition?
Is it difficult to install the graphics card?
Why the Z170 and not the X99?
Why not 32 gb instead of 16 for memory.

Please realize I REALLY appreciate your help.

If you like to know how easy it is to add a gpu yourself look here

z170 is the new current skylake platform/tech, x99 is the old brodwell platform/tech. For gaming you are not even gonna hit all 4 cores, so 4 cores is more then you need with the exception of a few games that will use all 4.

16GB of memory is more then you need unless you are into heavy duty media editing or a power user which you have stated you are not.

Your build is over kill, aka waste of money. I would rather get a 1tb ssd for storage 2 then go 32gb and x99 for gaming.
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 7:55pm
I do some minor photo stuff. transfer of slides to digital a bit. I have a Epson v700 pro scanner but the photoshop that I do is minor compared to gaming.
and my primary concern is increasing the shooting time in fps. hate getting shot before I can pull the trigger.

I like the idea about the memory. that is something I am comfortable adding.
ill try to re-do the build tomorrow. early day at work tomorrow.

are the higher price fans worth money?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 8:53pm
My builds are geared toward squeezing every bit of power for every dime, so if you see it in my build then trust me its worth it, I build everyone's config as if I was their shoes and I was buying, so in short, if I was in your shoes I would buy the system I configed above. Not saying that to tell you what to buy, just letting you know how I build and what I would do. At the end you tell us what makes you happy, and we help you build that.

Edited by DST4ME - 01 Aug 2016 at 8:53pm
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 3:27pm
do you think adding these would be overkill?
**ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO (Intel Z170 Chipset)
**1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 950 PRO)
**Thermaltake Riing RGB Fans
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 3:50pm

do you think adding these would be overkill?
**ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO (Intel Z170 Chipset)
**1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 950 PRO)
**Thermaltake Riing RGB Fans

If maximus mobo is what you want then go for it, it does have some minor stuff the other mobos don't have.

the m.2 is faster so if you got the money why not? I say hell ya.

as for rgb fans, its a personal choice, they bring nothing over the fans I picked, mine should be a little more quiet or have more airflow for the same amount of noise. Personally I would instead go with:

Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)

that way I have good fans and good lighting, But again that is a personal choice, maybe you like led fans and not lighting on its own, go with what you like.
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 7:00pm
ok. if I put this build together could u give it a good look over? My hd is starting to crash so I need to get going on my order.

is there anything else I can do to increase my shooting speed when playing multi-player?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 7:43pm
They just added titan x perhaps you want to build a system to handle sli titan x, with a 144Hz montior the faster the fps the better if that is what you are looking for.

Of course I can look over your build boss that is what I'm here for

clone (different then regular copy) your hdd to an external, that way you can:

1. have all its content

2. clone it back to a new drive from the extremal and put the new drive in the pc and keep going as if nothing ever happened.

Edited by DST4ME - 02 Aug 2016 at 7:45pm
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 4:14pm
ahhh clone is what I am looking for. any chance u know if acronis offers that?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 4:21pm
you can follow my clone guide here it is with acronis

Edited by DST4ME - 03 Aug 2016 at 4:23pm
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:51pm
would I need two of the titans?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:33pm
We are discussing titan here have look and see what you think for the price vs ratio and if you are still interested in getting them. For 4k 144Hz yes and now, lol. depends on the games you wanna max out, the price is so high I'm not that comfortable recommending them, I was expecting a little better performance.
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:32pm
yes. not very impressive. maybe I will stick w the 1080s. can always just swap out the titans later(when the price drops) right?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:51pm
Well personally I have to see a couple of other benches and then also see if any driver issues or anything driver related is announced and also how well it overclocks.

But its upto you guys, if you think about it, its close to 50% gain in some instances, I mean if the 1080 is getting say 40 fps and titan is getting 60 fps then that is 50% more performance.

I guess my real issue with the titan is the price.
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:53pm
yep, ill try a build with and without tomorrow
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:57pm
let us know
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:28pm
okay.
First, as I was looking at mobo's, none spoke of supporting 144 mhz. Is that an issue?
Is the noise reduction dollar wise?
Should I boost the graphics card?
1000 pw or 750?

Here is Build 1 (little expensive but doable)

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Up to 5x PCI-E Devices) <br><strong></strong>
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000i (Digitally Controlled Power) <br><strong></strong>
Expansion Bay: Option Not Available
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (256GB Samsung 950 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (EVGA SC ACX 3.0) (VR Ready) <br><strong></strong>
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D15 (Extreme Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables) <br><strong></strong>
Chassis Fans: Corsair Airflow Performance Edition (Up to 6 Fans) <br><strong></strong>
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects) <br><strong></strong>
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Office: Microsoft Office 2016 Office Home & Business (PC Attach Key PKC Only, No Pre-install) <br><strong></strong>
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks

If I get just the titan pascal, it would cost $4203.

If I got just the one 1080, it would drop to $3534.

With my plans on getting a 4k ISP 144 MHz, which would you suggest and is there anything you would change?

Again, Appreciate all your help.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:54pm
For 4k I would go titan, otherwise single 1080 can't pull 60fps for most games, single titan can't pull 60 fps in all games either, some games it a bit lower some its around 60, a couple is around 80.

so what that says is that in 4k you gonna need sli titan or sli 1080. that tell us for sli you gonna want a 1000w psu, for a bit more head room maybe the 1200w.

So now you decide if you want to go sli 1080 or single titan now and you add the second later yourself when you need it.

forget noise reduction, the evga 1080s here are already super clocked by evga they are the evga sc 1080
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:47pm
so dual 1080 or dual titans?

not sure what u mean by headrooom w the 1200
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 10:32pm
Its really your choice, sli 1080 will do great at 4K and so will sli titian, how much money you want to drop is your choice.

headroom in this case is referred to the amount of power your system will draw vs how much your psu provides if you will in a very general way. for sli 1080 a 1000w has plenty of headroom and while a 1000w can handle titan with good headroom, obviously the 1200w provides a little more.
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 9:42am
is there ever a case of too much pwu?
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:24am
would it make sense to get 1250 pwu with the 2 1080's incase I am able to later get the 2 titans?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:13pm

is there ever a case of too much pwu?

LOLI hope notLOL I got the max when it was a lot!Oops
Murph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:27pm
what do you typically do when your computer is over 6 years old? get an entire new rig? is there ever any thing worth holding on to or re-using? does DS have any recycle or buy up package for something like that?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:53pm
I normally give my pcs away after 2 years and get a new one but past few years have been different.

Once your cpu is 6 years old its time to upgrade, keep the old pc for testing things or maybe you need a part or two.

1200w is not needed for titan but if you want more headroom then go ahead, but a 1000w will do both sli 1080 or sli titan.

No matter if you get a 2000w psu but your system only needs 850w then 850w is what you will use, however starting with 1500w some psu will need a nema 20 outlet for you to connect to, above 1500w all will ask you for a 20 amp circuit with nema 20 connection, connection maybe different from psu to psu but you will need a 20amp circuit.

Edited by DST4ME - 06 Aug 2016 at 1:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>