Post Date: 2019-06-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shatter0000 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shatter0000 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: hi guys, im new here
    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 7:20pm
So me and my girlfriend are trying to build a gaming PC that will also be able to stream from time to time. We will be playing games like Subnautica and Ark, LoL and WoW. I have tried to build a Affordable pc and get.good preforming hardware. If anyone can please help me and check my specs and help advise me.

Config is 2052335
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 9:42pm
Welcome to the forum shatter0000 and gf!

OK...If I read you right here you guys are trying to scrape a budget, but this is to be a gaming rig playing strong titles.   You haven’t mentioned monitor or resolution you want to play at, but I can generalize about that.   I think I can hold close to your budget and still improve on what’s important!   

I reduced your Drive1 M.2 NVME SSD to a minimum sized 250 GB model to save some bucks...also upgraded to a stronger PSU that is on sale to save a little more...and upgraded to a better (and also on sale) so less expensive Corsair RGB case fan set......

Spent the savings upgrading to the best all around, do everything better RTX 2070 video card, and the better quality Corsair 16 GB RGB RAM kit.   This will get you a much stronger Lumos rig that should last and satisfy both your gaming needs for a lot longer!    You should be able to game at decent frame rates on pretty high settings at 1080P or 1440/2K monitor resolution with this card.

Your solid Asus Prime motherboard has 2 M.2 NVME drive slots...
Soon as you two can afford to, you can get a bigger M.2 NVME Drive and just install it yourself.... Plugs into the other M.2 socket on one end and a single screw secures it down on the motherboard on the other end.    Easy upgrade!    You will use up 250 GB pretty soon, so I only did this so you could get the stronger video card I think you need in this build...and hold budget...

I also changed fans...the better Corsair LL Series fan kit on sale costs less than the Thermaltake kit.   The Corsair LL fans have a solid performance reputation (I have a Lumos rig with the way cooler LL fans), and they are the only choice that has two RGB led light rings for endless color and pattern combinations using Corsairs excellent iCue software (you download the software) to control the colors... including those of the Corsair RGB RAM.   You can make them look like the Thermaltakes if you really want..lol.   I can tell you those RGB fans, RGB RAM , and free DS RGB light string look amazing in that excellent Corsair Crystal Series 570X tempered glass case! It’s like a piece of tech art to display!

Lumos build1 ( $2,448 ). Config # 2414503

Reduced Drive1 to the 250 GB Samsung Evo 960 M.2 NVME drive
Upgraded RAM to better Corsair Vengeance RGB 16 GB
Upgraded GPU to stronger NVidia RTX 2070 video card
Upgraded fans to the better Corsair LL Series RGB fans
Upgraded PSU to stronger Corsair 850 W Gold efficiency modular PSU

See what you guys think???

Edited by HockeyBuck - 06 Jun 2019 at 9:51pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 5:43am
Well done on Hockeybuck's part IMO. Only one thing I'd like to ad. For economy of language, HB said:

"You should be able to game at decent frame rates on pretty high settings at 1080P or 1440/2K monitor resolution with this card."

The RTX 2070 is the price/performance choice for 1440p. You should be able to play most all games at high settings and high fps. It is overpowered and will kill at 1080p.

The price/performance choice for 1080p is the RTX 2060. It will give you about the same performance at 1080p as the 2070 at 1440p. So, if that's your gaming resolution, there's more savings to be had there.

BTW, the 2060 is about 10% faster than the 1070 you originally picked out, and newest tech.

Edited by Cretae - 07 Jun 2019 at 9:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply