Post Date: 2022-05-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
verdas View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote verdas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I think I bricked my PC
    Posted: 15 May 2022 at 3:27am
I'm worried I may have killed my PC by turning it off at the wall before it was shut down.

I turned it off this way last night now it's not working at all.

I've noticed that my USB audio interface has a light on when plugged in, so power is coming through bo th on the back and front panels, but nothing happens when I press the power button or reset button.

I've pulled it apart and cleaned out all dust and just connected up an SSD, RAM and power. Still nothing.

Not sure where to start troubleshooting. Looking at the MOBO I can't see any damaged caps and https://omegle.onl/https://xender.vip/

Edited by verdas - 03 Jun 2022 at 10:34am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 May 2022 at 4:58am
Doubtful you bricked or crowbarred your rig, but possible.   Unplug the pc from the wall, hold in the power on button for several seconds. Plug back in, make sure psu is toggled on and try booting.   

If still a problem, unplug all usb devices except keyboard and mouse , unplug external devices like headphones, etc. and try it.   Reseat ram modules and graphics card.   

Recheck connectors from front panel to mobo, especially the 2 pin power on plug from front panel on switch. Very easy to dislodge it when working in that area.   

Lookup paper clip check for power supply.   Basically unplug 24 pin from mobo, short the black and green wire in plug and see if power supply turns on.   Double check the pins to short with bent paper clip.

Good luck.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 May 2022 at 12:00pm
it's possible, however unlikely, that you blew a fuse in the PSU.  however, more likely you just need to follow bprat's steps.  the easiest and first step should be unplugging the PSU and then hold down the start button to discharge the unit.  then plug it all back in and see if you can get it to start.  same goes for the ram, unlikely you fried it, but if re-seating it doesn't work (you should still run a memtest on it to make sure there are no errors even if you get the rig starting up as usual), you can try 1 stick at a time to see which might be bad. 

Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Windows 10Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply